Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trade boats to constantly stay in warranty?

JoshinYall

So you live far from good water and want to buy a new boat every few years? That makes perfect sense. The problem with the situation that you describe is how is a warranty going to fix the perfect weekend you planned when the boat breaks down while on the lake? As others have mentioned here it will take weeks to months before the warranty work is performed so you are missing even more time on planned weekends. Warranty doesn't mean it will work with no head aches it just means you dont pay to fix the issues and believe me there is head aches with warranties of any kind. Bottom line learn to work on the boat. I'm not a mechanic by a far stretch, but recently had to extract a broken alternator bracket bolt from the block.

• Like 1

I say go for it! Buy a new boat evey two years (three max) to maintain a warranty. You'll be helping the economy, boating business and the bank. But more importantly, you'll be supplying the rest of us with perfectly good used boats.

• Like 1