Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got a Basta hydraulic lift, any tips?

'01 wakesetter vlx

First experience with a hydraulic lift, anything to look out for with regard to maintenance, winterization, etc?

They suggest storing the lift in the all-the-way-down position to keep the piston protected inside the cylinder over the winter. I don't do it though, cause I don't like to leave my bunks under water--they get all nasty. I just leave the battery in the pump box over the winter. I figure the solar cell keeps it charged. My last battery went for five years without any trouble before I switched my lifts and it came with a new battery. So, I'm not sure if the battery would have lasted even longer. These things are virtually maintenance free...

This thread has pictures of my old Basta Lift and my new Basta Lift. Both have been great. You've got a quality lift.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41767-how-wide-is-your-boat-lift/

The company is local for me, so I've met and talked with the owner/inventor many times and been in their shop many times. They are good people, making a good product.

Edited by Cory

Great to hear you've had a good experience with yours, looking forward to it (once it goes in next spring..). Thanks for the tips!