Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heated indoor storage this winter - what service should I do?

Hello, and sorry if didn't find my answer with the search function...

This winter I will send my 2013 VLX for storage indoors to a heated facility. I've never done this before so I'd like some tips as to how to best prepare the boat. I figured I should do at least an oil change, put in some stabilizer and turn the battery switch to off. But anything else I should do?

Thanks!

I know it sounds like overkill, but I would winterize just as if it was going to cold storage. Then you won't be scrambling if a prolonged power outage occurrs. I used to store in my heated garage and always winterized as normal.

Even if I lived in the tropics, if I wasn't going to use the boat for six or seven months I would "winterize" as a method for putting her to sleep. This is a good time to check over everything and make sure all is well. You really never know what you might discover poking around.