Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My quest for the method grab (video)

petrie141

We had a great day on Lake Austin today. The flat water put me in a mood to try something new. I had only attempted a method grab once before today, so I decided to give it a try. It always seemed difficult to me, and guess what, it is. The grab, the pitch, the twisting... it felt completely unnatural. I have a few warm up hits and then I start trying the grab. Sorry for the quality, it's better in full screen and 720p. It was only my wife and myself so I had to use the gopro. Has anyone else learned the method this year??

Edited by petrie141

thanks! It was great today. The water was warmer than the air and it was FLAT.

1383834_677083020970_76309779_n.jpg

You're killing me. Last two years we had gotten back from WI, and then we would ride lake Austin till it was too cold. I've had to sit this season out.... but hey man, you rock on!

Edited by Asmodeus2112

One of the hardest grabs to do and make it look good. Mad props to anyone who with a solid method and good luck on your journey! I've always had a hard time with it.

It's a two handed pull across your body off the top of the wake allowing your board to come out in front of you and your lead hand to let go and grab the board. Your back hand (with the handle) should be tight to your lead hip as the you push the board towards the boat. You'll most likely be feeling like you're going off-axis a bit at this point, so re-grab with your lead hand and pull the board back under you.

Check out this video at 0:44. This wasn't one of my best, but it's a good place to start! Have fun!

http://mywake.tige.com/video/NNIzUwBSJXo