Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ballast question

wheelman

So last year I installed super piggyback system, seperate drain pump for bag wyed into factory drain line and fill line is wyed to fill bag and hard tank at same time off factory pump. System works great but is just to slow and aerator pump does not drain bag completely so I am installing impeller pumps this winter. My question is this, seeing as I already have the piggyback system ran and paid for and I have 1100 lb sacs with dual drains does anyone see any problem running both systems together? Impeller pump will fill and drain from one bottom drain port in bag, aerator drain pump from other end drain port and piggyback fill from top port, and vent off other top port.

I'm always careful to fill the hard tanks before I fill the 1100 bags for fear of crushing the floor and tank. The impeller pump alone will out pace your stock aerator pumps to the hard tanks, the problem will be especially pronounced if the flow is split between the tank and bag to slow the fill rate down further.