Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Intersting read over at Wakeworld 2013 Polar Bear Event.

Bawshogg

it was a 12, not a 13 afaik.

Well if that is true, it makes half the "intriguing" story into bunk. Still an impressive wave, but this one has me scratching my head now. Who knows this Dan guy? He on here?

he had themalibucrew.com cooler bag, so yeah he's on here.

Seriously a great host and great guy. Everyone was at this event in fact. It was a hoot. I cannot recommend going enough. I've surfed behind my own boat 99.7% of the time and it was a blast seeing how others do their setups and how other hulls surf. All of the waves were different, but each one was at the very least really good. Same could be said of the demo boards. I had my favorites in both categories (waves and boards) but it was enlightening to hear that others had completely different reads on the same boards and boats.

Honestly, I would've loved to have seen a sacked out G or maybe next year's LSV there too, just to have somebody represent what the new "system" waves will do. Plenty of wave snobs there, but everyone was also really cool just sharing the stoke.

Can you tell I had a lot of fun?

Edited by shawndoggy

Ok. So they had a Malibu and prefer the listed wave. I still think that with SG both waves are comparable. I could be wrong. I thought thy would at least get a Malibu with SG. The LSV in the pictures is super slammed. I don't think I will ever drive a boat like that.

Yeah, couldn't be too slammed. I run 3000+ in a leaned vlx so I imagine an LSV is far from slammed.

sorry, my inbox was full. should be ok now.

he had themalibucrew.com cooler bag, so yeah he's on here.

Seriously a great host and great guy. Everyone was at this event in fact. It was a hoot. I cannot recommend going enough. I've surfed behind my own boat 99.7% of the time and it was a blast seeing how others do their setups and how other hulls surf. All of the waves were different, but each one was at the very least really good. Same could be said of the demo boards. I had my favorites in both categories (waves and boards) but it was enlightening to hear that others had completely different reads on the same boards and boats.

Honestly, I would've loved to have seen a sacked out G or maybe next year's LSV there too, just to have somebody represent what the new "system" waves will do. Plenty of wave snobs there, but everyone was also really cool just sharing the stoke.

Can you tell I had a lot of fun?

I AM WAITING FOR A WRITE UP ON EACH BOARD AND WAVE YOU RODE!!

That wave looks amazing! The last picture is crazy. The girl surfing is pretty much in the middle of the wave from the looks of it. I wish I had access to better surfing boats because it is a blast to do and its about all our lake is good for in the afternoons during the summer. Other than to tie up on the sand bar and having a few :beer:

Give us 6 months, we'll have a surf machine.
  • Like 1