Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Benefits of evolution covers?

CJAY

I store indoors and live in the desert where it never rains, so protection from the elements wasn't really a consideration. I still miss my evo cover A LOT because we'd tow covered always. So nice to get home from a 1-2 hour tow and have the boat still clean inside.

Edited by shawndoggy

You can tow with it without worrying about gel coat damage, made of sunbrella, best customer service ever, no tent poles required, no bad reviews with evo covers.

We always tow covers also, but have a snap cover currently. While that tows better it also exposes the gel coat to the sun while stored outside during the summer. It sounds like they are the same price as what malibu charges for theirs too, so I'm thinking I'm going that way, just wanted the details

Way easier to install, especially on a VTX. Looks better, won't look like a circus tent with those poles. Perimeter rope is simply pulled tight rather than 2 awkward ratchet straps that are waiting to take a bite of your gel. Sunbrella repels water so much better. The biggest thing for me is that nose piece is more sturdy and stays in place as you roll it back. Many a curse words were said as I hooked the nose, rolled it back, positioned the first pole (my 247 needed 2) started securing around the tower and a slight breeze blew the nose off and down the side of the boat :mad: and I had to start over!! Cory can even sew in a small loop to bungee to your tow ball if your parking space limits the amount of rise of the bow. But your VTX shouldn't have that issue.

I've seen many people talk about changing to them and I've understood they hold out water better than the covers that malibu offers, but what other pluses are there?

Cory's attention to detail and superb customer service.

Cory makes a lower profile cover that doesn't hang way down on the boat like the factory cover does scratching the gel all up. His covers literally go past the rub rail 3/4-1" and that's it. Installing it correctly is really important, but when done you can bounce a baseball of the thing they are so tight (that's a good thing) and this is why they tow so well.

Customer service from Cory is also superior as well. He offers several different materials depending on your goals with the cover, he listens to the customers and tweaks his covers accordingly (Evolution). He can and will do custom jobs for people that want things done to their cover.

I could go on and on but these are the main reasons I go back to him time and time again. I've had him do 6 covers for me over the years and I've never been dissapointed.

I like my Evolution, however, I could never get the back tight enough to not pool water. Although I don't have tent poles, I did have to add a fibergalss hoop to keep water from pooling in the rear.

Edited by Baddog

Easily the best cover I've ever used. Especially for towing. My dealer said it's the best he's ever seen too. It fits super snug, no poles, and Cory is just a nice guy. If you ever decided to store outside, they'd sew on a cover for the swim deck, etc.

If the cover ever loosened up, etc. they'd re-sew it for you and make it tight again. It's the best $1000 you can spend on protecting your boat, IMO.

• Like 1

Cory's commitment to make it the best cover ever. I ripped the stitching in the cord pocket of my three year old cover. I emailed Cory last week and he called me back within a half hour. (never expected him to call, email response in a few days would have been fine) Cory insists that this repair is covered by his warranty and is waiting for me to return it so he can fix it. I am going to pay for the shipping both ways as I am not convinced this is a warranty repair, but I appreciate his determination that I remain amazed at his cover and I am.

I like my Evolution, however, I could never get the back tight enough to not pool water. Although I don't have tent poles, I did have to add a fibergalss hoop to keep water from pooling in the rear.

Please don't take offense to this, but as Bobby Light said, you really need to learn how to install it properly, you don't just throw it on and crank down, it's not rocket science either. The first few installs are crucial as the cover forms to your boat and dictates where it wants to sit, rather than the user putting it on, cranking it down, and deciding where the cover sits. Cory is more than willing to help with installation (probably would prefer to help actually). I would suggest giving him a call.

Cory's commitment to make it the best cover ever. I ripped the stitching in the cord pocket of my three year old cover. I emailed Cory last week and he called me back within a half hour. (never expected him to call, email response in a few days would have been fine) Cory insists that this repair is covered by his warranty and is waiting for me to return it so he can fix it. I am going to pay for the shipping both ways as I am not convinced this is a warranty repair, but I appreciate his determination that I remain amazed at his cover and I am.

10 years (probably lifetime actually) on any stitching.

Please don't take offense to this, but as Bobby Light said, you really need to learn how to install it properly, you don't just throw it on and crank down, it's not rocket science either. The first few installs are crucial as the cover forms to your boat and dictates where it wants to sit, rather than the user putting it on, cranking it down, and deciding where the cover sits. Cory is more than willing to help with installation (probably would prefer to help actually). I would suggest giving him a call.

No offense taken. I worked really hard at proper fitting when I first received the cover and even had some follow-up questions for Cory on properly adjusting the J-hooks, etc., but it was never drum tight in the back.

No offense taken. I worked really hard at proper fitting when I first received the cover and even had some follow-up questions for Cory on properly adjusting the J-hooks, etc., but it was never drum tight in the back.

Not sure how old it is but doubt it will matter, reach out to him again with pics, he'll make it right. On a 21' boat that thing should fit like a glove.

Picked up my cover directly from Cory at his house last week and installed it on the boat the next day. He is the company, works alone out of his garage and does all the sewing and cutting himself.

From the first time you talk to him on the phone straight through to getting the product on the boat he is extremely helpful and just a good person.

The fit of the cover is great, I'm storing my boat at a friends garage who has owned boats all his life and he was very impressed with the cover as well.

I haven't towed with it yet since its only been on a week but listening to everyone else I have full confidence that it will perform like a champ.

A ten year warranty should tell you all you need to know but beyond that listen to everyone that has bought and owned an Evo Cover, they would buy another one in a heart beat.

PS

All you guys down south that are still using your boat, I'M GELLIOUS

Easier to install

No poles

Tighter fit

No poles

REALLY trailerable

No poles

Sunbrella

No poles

You forgot to mention that you don't need poles. Major plus in my book.
  • Like 2

a few real benefits =

tows like nothing else, with no ropes or straps to damage the boat.

warranty that is exceptional - Cory has made modifications twice for me, both times my desired changes, and all i did was pay shipping.

This last week at the lake the installation was another bonus. We covered the boat each night to keep moisture out, and you can easily start at the front, walk the cover back, then pull it tight from the swim platform. The "cleat access" points Cory added (see my other thread about them) made it easy to keep the boat well covered and well connected to the houseboat.