Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need some advice please!

My boat interior is horribly filthy and I need some advice in cleaning it. Let me explain why though before y'all think I don't care about my bu! A little over a month ago my wife and I were hit head on by a drunk driver. Totaled my truck, broke my ankle and ribs and broke both her femurs and her ankle. She's still in a rehab center. Obviously neither of us can drive plus I don't have a truck right now so our bu has been sitting in our driveway under a tree for well over a month with no cover on it. I was finally able to get it put into storage this week but now I have to get it clean. It's full of leaves and the seats look horrible. What is the best thing I can use to clean the seats? Is there a mixture anyone uses that works the best? During the season I used my last bit of exquisite cleaner to keep them clean but it's all gone and you can't but it anymore. I have used magic erasers as well but I know it kills the uv protection. I have to get this thing clean! I've never had a boat this dirty so I have no experience getting this much dirt and mildew off the seats and carpet, especially now that it's getting cold and I need to leave it in storage! Any help will be greatly greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

LA's totally awesome is some incredible stuff & it's only two bucks at the dollar store. Pressure washing or shampooing rugs is going to have wait till its warm. Clean the dash / plastics well then use a conditioner on those. Soft scrub brush on the seats will helps with mildew & build ups.

Get it professionally done and get the bill payed for from the A#ole who hit you. Does he have good insurance? Is he a dead beat? Sounds like you are lucky you were in a truck!

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about your accident and hope everyone recovers. I'd sweep it out real good and maybe pressure wash the carpet, scrub the vinyl real good (avoid scrubbing hard on the seams though) with a mild detergent, and immediately 303 all vinyl and plastic. And most importantly, get it out from under the tree and get some direct sunlight on it. Hard this time of year but the sunlight should clear up most of the tough stains.

Unfortunately if the leaves sat on the seats and were wet those stains will not completely come out with any products, it will take time with UV exposure. I'd just get it as clean as possible, I agree hire it out. Then let the sun take care of the rest next summer.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Makes ya wonder about a lot of things when stuff like that happens. Yours and or their in

insurance should be responsible. Getting them to acknowledge and take care of it is a different matter. Talk to your agent, that is what they are there for.

Good luck with your rehab.

I don't think I'm going to be able to get insurance to pay for cleaning my BU since it wast involved in the crash! I live in East Tennessee and the weather here has started its craziness, could be 70 today at 40 tomorrow so pulling the boat out and pressure washing the carpet it's going to happen until spring rolls around bc it will never dry. I'm just gonna have to clean the seats while it's in storage which won't be a problem just finding something to get all the mildew off without destroying the seams is going to be the issue!

I know this is way after the fact, and I am not trying to slam anyone, but why wouldn't one of your neighbors take it upon themselves to cover you boat for you, just to be doing the right thing in your great time of need?

One suggestion for cleaning given to me by an independent cover maker is to use hydrogen peroxide, supposedly safer than any bleach products. I have not tried yet, but plan to.

You might get away on the carpet by renting a carpet cleaner machine as they tend to suck out the water from the carpet, at least it might be a short term help before spring so the boat won't be so dirty for all winter.

Baddog,, I did have my friends asking me about my cover but all I have is the factory p.o.s cover that leaks and seeing how it was damp in the boat already that cover makes it mildew fast!

Baddog,, I did have my friends asking me about my cover but all I have is the factory p.o.s cover that leaks and seeing how it was damp in the boat already that cover makes it mildew fast!

Just too darned sad any of this had to happen to you and your wife. 7 years from now, this whole incident will hardly matter. Doesn't help now but . . . .

Maybe try and contact Cory at evolution for a cover after it gets cleaned. He may be able to give you a good discount on one of his covers. I am sorry to hear of your situation and I wish I could help more than just advice.