Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 LSV with LS3 sacked out review

CJAY

It's insane. I'd say weighted it's a fair competition to a listed weighted Z3

Is it really much different than a comparable weighted 2013 LSV? Did Malibu really tweak the hull that much to make a significant difference in surf wake?

Good lord, you have what, 4 malivue screen options, the majority of which show every bit of information the analogs did (if not all). You like one look, great, you don't like one look, fine, change it. The analog gauges were duplictious, provided no information not easily available by malivue. You have an alarm for everything important and there are people griping about not being able to constantly watch their temp (which, if you wnat, you can do anyway). Sheesh people. Possible adjustment period, sure.

In the slalom course back in the day you used to have to look at perfect pass every 3 seconds for the buoy splits while driving 34-36 mph through 2 buoys barely wider than the boat and hold a straight line while someone does all they can to do the opposite. Now there's gripes that on a boat that will spend its useful like at either 10 mph or 22 mph its hard to see the engine tempertaure! Are you kidding me?

in the slalom course back in the day you used to have to look at perfect pass every 3 seconds for the buoy splits while driving 34-36 mph through 2 buoys barely wider than the boat and hold a straight line while someone does all they can to do the opposite. Now there's gripes that on a boat that will spend its useful like at either 10 mph or 22 mph its hard to see the engine tempertaure! Are you kidding me?

Excellent point.

Good lord, you have what, 4 malivue screen options, the majority of which show every bit of information the analogs did (if not all). You like one look, great, you don't like one look, fine, change it. The analog gauges were duplictious, provided no information not easily available by malivue. You have an alarm for everything important and there are people griping about not being able to constantly watch their temp (which, if you wnat, you can do anyway). Sheesh people. Possible adjustment period, sure.

In the slalom course back in the day you used to have to look at perfect pass every 3 seconds for the buoy splits while driving 34-36 mph through 2 buoys barely wider than the boat and hold a straight line while someone does all they can to do the opposite. Now there's gripes that on a boat that will spend its useful like at either 10 mph or 22 mph its hard to see the engine tempertaure! Are you kidding me?

I think very few of us run slalom courses. Why put this crappy dash on your top wake machine? Sorry it doesn't read well, you have to change screens all the time, and it's crappy in the sun and with some polarized glasses. As a supplement to gauges malivu works, as a primary system it's by far the worst in the industry.

you like it, great. I hated it, my wife hated it, obviously it's far less popular with other here also. Not a good choice for malibu to go with.

Edited by CJAY

I think you mean duplicative? LOL.

Honestly it was malivu that was duplicative, just like most digital systems on other boats. That's how it should be. Analog gauges should be the primary.

• Like 3

Honestly it was malivu that was duplicative, just like most digital systems on other boats. That's how it should be. Analog gauges should be the primary.

Oh I agree.... 85 is just usually very precise with his words, and I don't think he meant that the analog gauges were "Given to or marked by deliberate deceptiveness".

Oh I agree.... 85 is just usually very precise with his words, and I don't think he meant that the analog gauges were "Given to or marked by deliberate deceptiveness".

haha, nice job, and you are correct.

I think very few of us run slalom courses. Why put this crappy dash on your top wake machine? Sorry it doesn't read well, you have to change screens all the time, and it's crappy in the sun and with some polarized glasses. As a supplement to gauges malivu works, as a primary system it's by far the worst in the industry.

you like it, great. I hated it, my wife hated it, obviously it's far less popular with other here also. Not a good choice for malibu to go with.

Uh, its the same dash that they've used for what, 5 years? All they did was remove the adjacent analogs. So what. And I don't know what you mean you have to change them all the time. There are multiple options for speed control, depth, and all engine functions on one page. It doesn't require ever changing.

Point as to slalom comparison is not that a lot of people do it, it's that there was a time you actually HAD to look at your dash while underway for essential information. Now, there is no usable info from a dash that requires watching...zero. If you have to look at the dash to gauge throttle position for getting up, you need practice, not a gauge. If you need to watch your volts like a hawk and think there's a problem every time if goes from 14 to 13.8 you have OCD, not a need for an analog gauge. Alarms exist for everything important. I fail to see the big deal. Flame away.

• Like 3

Uh, its the same dash that they've used for what, 5 years? All they did was remove the adjacent analogs. So what. And I don't know what you mean you have to change them all the time. There are multiple options for speed control, depth, and all engine functions on one page. It doesn't require ever changing.

Point as to slalom comparison is not that a lot of people do it, it's that there was a time you actually HAD to look at your dash while underway for essential information. Now, there is no usable info from a dash that requires watching...zero. If you have to look at the dash to gauge throttle position for getting up, you need practice, not a gauge. If you need to watch your volts like a hawk and think there's a problem every time if goes from 14 to 13.8 you have OCD, not a need for an analog gauge. Alarms exist for everything important. I fail to see the big deal. Flame away.

I prefer having static gauges that I can look at all the time and have in the exact same place at all times. Does it mean i always rely on them, no, but I know I can and do at times.

Volt gauges are for those who run big systems and want them always ready to go.

You like it great, I think it's crap. Most people hate the two screen model that I've talked to, then you make that your only option for gauges and it's even worse. The new LSV is a fantastic boat with a crappy helm IMO. I like it better than the small crowded VTX, but only slightly. I gave it a fair shot when on our demo and now I like it even less than before the demo

Edited by CJAY

I prefer having static gauges that I can look at all the time and have in the exact same place at all times. Does it mean i always rely on them, no, but I know I can and do at times.

Volt gauges are for those who run big systems and want them always ready to go.

You like it great, I think it's crap. Most people hate the two screen model that I've talked to, then you make that your only option for gauges and it's even worse. The new LSV is a fantastic boat with a crappy helm IMO. I like it better than the small crowded VTX, but only slightly. I gave it a fair shot when on our demo and now I like it even less than before the demo

I have yet to say I "liked" it here, I did say I liked it on my vtx because it gave a superior view...here, I have asked what's the big deal because all the info is in fact there but there's no need to be constantly referring to the dash anyway. I'm sorry but your statements were just wrong: 1) that you have to be on the digital gauges to see engine temp (you don't) and 2) you have to change screens "all the time", that's simply inaccurate.

My wife's car has fuel gauge on one side and mine the other. Woop de doo. It's merely an adjustment.

I have yet to say I "liked" it here, I did say I liked it on my vtx because it gave a superior view...here, I have asked what's the big deal because all the info is in fact there but there's no need to be constantly referring to the dash anyway. I'm sorry but your statements were just wrong: 1) that you have to be on the digital gauges to see engine temp (you don't) and 2) you have to change screens "all the time", that's simply inaccurate.

My wife's car has fuel gauge on one side and mine the other. Woop de doo. It's merely an adjustment.

I'll make the adjustment, but if the LSV wasn't near as good in other areas this would be a deal breaker. I'm willing to bet if they made the two dashes options this one would be selected the least. Malivu itself is one of the worst digital wakeboat systems on the market. Making it your only option is a poor move by malibu.

I'll make the adjustment, but if the LSV wasn't near as good in other areas this would be a deal breaker. I'm willing to bet if they made the two dashes options this one would be selected the least. Malivu itself is one of the worst digital wakeboat systems on the market. Making it your only option is a poor move by malibu.

I guess it's not the BEST wakeboard boat on the market. :Tease3:

PP has saved many a marriage and friendship.

CJAY, you said it perfectly. I could have gotten a great deal on a VTX, but my wife and I hated the look of the helm and glovebox. I get all the performance stuff of Malibu, but lets face it - at the end of the day, you have to like looking at.

I am always checking my guages while underway - temp, pressures, fuel, depth. I am the same way with driving my vehicle. It just makes it easier to see an analog guage.

I AM NOT BASHING MALIBU< JUST STATING MY OPINION AS TO WHAT I LIKE TO SEE IN A HELM

Edited by bamabonners

I watch the temp on my boat a lot more than my car. I run the boat harder than a car (intentionally loaded with a ton and a half of ballast) and the boat is cooled by raw water and is thus subject to ingesting stuff into the cooling system and or burning up a raw water impeller.

• Like 2

CJAY, you said it perfectly. I could have gotten a great deal on a VTX, but my wife and I hated the look of the helm and glovebox. I get all the performance stuff of Malibu, but lets face it - at the end of the day, you have to like looking at.

I am always checking my guages while underway - temp, pressures, fuel, depth. I am the same way with driving my vehicle. It just makes it easier to see an analog guage.

The heck for? The only item there that is arguably important to watch is depth and yep, on malivue you can go to a depth screen on which you have all other engine functions, a depth plotter, and speed control! Boat buyers are absolutely hilarious these days. Buying or not buying a performance tow boat based on the ease of checking engine function that are within parameter 99.999999999% of the time and the .00000000001 its not, you get an audible and visual warning. Hilarious.

If you'd told Rob Shirley or Bob 25 years ago that the issues affecting boat sales in 25 years will be the wake at 10 miles per hour and ease of checking engine temperature, I'm sure they both woukld have gotten quite a chuckle.

• Like 2

I watch the temp on my boat a lot more than my car. I run the boat harder than a car (intentionally loaded with a ton and a half of ballast) and the boat is cooled by raw water and is thus subject to ingesting stuff into the cooling system and or burning up a raw water impeller.

Sure. And that amounts to what, once every 10 minutes? And how many times have you had an overheat situation that you caught purely by vigorous looking at the gauges?

Sure. And that amounts to what, once every 10 minutes? And how many times have you had an overheat situation that you caught purely by vigorous looking at the gauges?

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't someone out to get me.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't someone out to get me.

Right. And that person I'm sure disconnected your temp alarm and limp mode on your ECM therefore watching temp fluctuations by 2 degrees an event requiring even more attention.

ahh heck. I must be old school. I care about two things only, performance and wakes. Apparently I'm in the vast minority of inboard owners now and everyone else is right.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

Let me put it this way. If they want to run just one central screen, with no analog gauages, that's fine. Malivue in it's current form is not the answer. I like the idea of increased view field and such, but Malivue is a lame excuse for an "all in one" gauge pod. It needs a revamp if thats the ultimate purpose.