Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Beautiful day with a pair of beautiful Enzo 244's

isellacuras

I was out today and ran across a pair of 2014 Enzo 244's doing a photo shoot. Beautiful to look at. Didn't spend any time to check out the wave because we didn't have a whole lot of time but had a lot of riding to do. Watched em switch sides with the ram fill. Looked pretty effortless and quick. Looked like they had to get up above surfing speed to do it which seemed a little strange to me.

post-18930-0-22698600-1381987481_thumb.j

Edited by isellacuras

I'd imagine they don't open the gates at skiing speeds. Looked like 15-20. They would drive a few hundred yards and then come to a stop and then rider would start. I am not sure if they could, but seems like it would make sense to have rider start and just hit the switch to fill. While getting started. I haven't looked into the new Enzo's but in my friends 2012 233 he still has bags above and beyond the hard tanks. Is that still the case for the new 244 and others in the lineup or are they going for a stock only set up for a quality wave? Surfers were small young men that wouldn't need much of a wave to ride.

2014 Enzo 244's are pretty interesting. Their website kind of stinks. The dealer network they have is below par. They have good technology and have a good surf wave. Why aren't they more popular? The Ram Fill Technology is pretty awesome. Do they need any additional bags to surf?

To be honest, the boats themselves aren't that beautiful. They are rare, so kind of exciting to see on the water.

They also paired up with a couple of wakesurf companies....Phase 5 and Inland Surfer. I do not know if this was done with their PR or Marketing department. Why doesn't Malibu do something like this.

Edited by Afun

We test drove a centurtion in 2001 when shopping for an inboard. It was ok if i remember but I was 5 years old lol

ended up with a malibu a week later.

Enzo Ferrari

Entrepreneur

Enzo Anselmo Ferrari Cavaliere di Gran Croce OMRI was an Italian motor racing driver and entrepreneur, the founder of the Scuderia Ferrari Grand Prix motor racing team, and subsequently of the Ferrari automobile marque. Wikipedia

• Like 1

Enzo Ferrari

Entrepreneur

Enzo Anselmo Ferrari Cavaliere di Gran Croce OMRI was an Italian motor racing driver and entrepreneur, the founder of the Scuderia Ferrari Grand Prix motor racing team, and subsequently of the Ferrari automobile marque. Wikipedia

Well, shoot, if it's in Wkipedia you know it must be true.

• Like 2

I think there are more centurians in CA then back east. I see them all the time.

A guy we surf with is trading in his beautiful Supra 22v with a Z5 tower all blue with checkerboard decal on it for one of these Centurions. I am so looking to surfing one of these.

Their website looks like a kid put it together.

I see a few centurions on our lakes. The only thing I really notice with them is just how low the bow is which I'm sure means the boats interior gets lots of regular washes and flushes

Agree with you Afun about their website. Even trying to get info on the ram fill just shows a picture of the vent.

Edited by brad72

Never seen one come over the bow of my buddy's 23 footer. He runs it with about 4000#. Looks like a real low freeboard too but manages to keep it pretty dry inside.

And then there comes that one rogue wave . . . .

I had a chance to look around in one, a 2014, It's no Malibu, I'm so use to the fit and finish on our boats that anything less is a disappointment, Dash all out of sorts, I guess I'm spoiled, I know some dont really care about that kinda stuff and are more in it for the performance, I will have a chance to ride one this Summer, so we will see how that go's, But after demoing a 2014 23 LSV I could not imagine owning anything else,

Just a heads up and to be politically correct, those boats in the photos are the new FX44's. Pickle fork version, not the SV244.

Great heads up on the photos, It's nice having the David of web posting correctness, You must be retired and live on this site seeking errors in postings....LOL