Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Houseboat "fold out" awnings?

Soon2BV

We were on a houseboat this week, and every night i covered the Bu to keep the dew and any rains from soaking it. It wasn't that hard, but still took some time each night and morning, and then i had to deal with a damp cover.

Then i started thinking about RV's and the fold out awnings on their sides and something like this made for a houseboat? If it folded out 10 - 12 feet it could provide awning protection for a ski or fishing boat - keeping off the sun or the rain.

Obviously not good while underway, but in a quiet cove.

Anyone ever seen something like this for a houseboat?

Don't see why not. Mounted across the top and vertical supports on the face of the wall. No supports down to the ground to speak of.

Make it happen Cap'n. That's what customizing is all about. Someone has to be first.

I had one on the back deck of my houseboat that cranked out. The wind was a huge issue, it would come up underneath it when extended. I always had to tie the extended end down to the deck.

post-23-0-27703200-1382020684_thumb.jpg

You could definitely install one, however they are really pricey (from what I've heard in the RV world). And any sign of wind you would want to bring it in.

Though I do like LS-one's setup, quite a bit more affordable. You could probably even tie it off to your tower some how.

I had one on the back deck of my houseboat that cranked out. The wind was a huge issue, it would come up underneath it when extended. I always had to tie the extended end down to the deck.

attachicon.gifHB.jpg

that looks like a mighty fine party!