Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Crew at Dale Hollow?

Soon2BV

We were at Dale Hollow this week and I saw a Malibu Corvette at Sunset Marina (first time I have seen one in person - sweet boat) and also a black and red wakesetter down Eagle Creek.

Wondering if either boat is part of the crew?

The lake was calm and quiet our whole visit. Sunday was 85F, Monday and Tuesday about 75F.

Water temp a "fresh" 72F.

There are quite a few wakesetters on Dale Hollow. I know of about 4 different owners all from right here in Indy area and most likely, they are not on the crew and at this time of the year, they have likely pulled their boats. Glad you had fun!

• 1 month later...

Any advice where to stay at Dale Hollow that is kid friendly? How"s the water? We went to Lkae of the Ozarks 2 yrs. ago with the boat and waverunners and it was miserabley rough....Any advice would be great, as weve been wanting to come down to Dale Hollow for a few yrs. We are on the southern tip of lake Michigan in Indiana and do take the the boat on the big lake when the weather warrants. Thanks

We go every Labor Day weekend, no one out in our area, more out in the main channel, I would say it is kid friendly, we have a bunch of families come with <5 year olds.

BEAUTIFUL LAKE! We usually stay around Cedar Hill Marina. We've rented several cabins around that area which were extremely nice. Also stayed at Cedar Hill Marina in their cabins...EH not so great but gets the job done. http://www.cedarhillresort.com/

We usually cruise up towards the Wolf River and hang out at the "cliffs". Hit or miss if the crowd is "kid friendly"!

DHL is very kid friendly. Several USACE campgrounds with beaches and play areas. State Park has a pool, nice campground, camping cabins, lodge and great restaurant.

We have stayed or rented boats almost all the way around the lake. Several marinas rent houseboats. Prices vary marina to marina and you can pretty much gage the size and quality of the boat by the rental rate.

Starting at the Northwest corner of the lake and going clockwise -

Sulphur Creek - great marina and great restaurant. Nice cabins and a pretty good campground. Has a beach, but usually lots of seaweed. Very nice houseboats. Cabin rental includes a covered slip. It is the closest marina to Indy.

State Park - great marina. No rental boats. Snack food only at the marina. Lodge and campground away from the lake. Great restaurant at the lodge. Campground is very nice, has a pool and activity area.

Wisdom Dock - nice rental houseboats. very good restaurant. they have cabins - smaller but look nice. Have rented HB's there.

Wolf River - not stayed there. snack bar and cabins. rented jet skis. heard there were ownership issues and people were moving out of the marina, but i don't know any details.

Eagle Cove - great houseboats. great cabins. cabins are very close to the water and cabin rental includes open boat slip. very limited marina store. We have rented two sizes of HBs and stayed in several different cabins.

Star Point - good marina. no restaurant. they have cabins (older) and also rent privately owned homes in the "village" up the hill (very nice furnished cabins). no HB rentals, maybe pontoon boats. very small camping area. no beach.

Sunset Marina - major, big marina at the "end" or "start" of the main lake. Excellent HB's. Excellent restaurant. Very nice cabins but expensive compared to others. Right near a USACE campground so a busy marina but great service. Lots of restrictions on parking and trailer storage, quiet time, etc. but it keeps things in check.

East Port - marina is at the very beginning of the lake, a long way down! Marina is being refurbished and building new cabins. More out of the way so priced lower to offset that. Two small branches of the Obey River actually join together at this marina.

Mitchell Creek - Smaller HBs but they are only a year or two old. Nice cabins and a mix of new and older. Have stayed in the cabins. Nice restaurant but changes from full service to snack bar. The marina has "pay at the pump" fuel and they are open 24/7. This used to be called Livingston Boat Dock.

Horse Creek - only stayed once. won't ever go back. i will leave it at that.

Cedar Hill - nice cabins and a good restaurant. Very close to the dam. I think maybe original family still owns this.
Holly Creek - sister marina to Eagle Cove. Nice HBs. mix of older cabins and newer ones. Snack bar.
Hendricks Creek - nice marina. No restaurant. Nice HBs. nice cabins but older. My sister almost always stays there or rents HBs from them.
There is a ski course up towards Wisdom Dock.
Eagle Creek, close to Sunset, is a long, narrow creek run that is great for skiing. Boat races there on holiday weekends.
Cliffs just past Wolf River. several levels to "jump" from but wear a life jacket.
About every marina is friendly with good service.
Several USACE campgrounds around the lake. They all have boat ramps and good access. Obey River is the biggest and most popular because it is close to Sunset marina and right off of a main road - but it is quiet and many sites are right on the water.
(I feel like a visitor center guide).
These are all just my opinions and I am sure others have had good or bad experiences with any of these marinas. For HB's, we prefer Sunset or Eagle Cove / Holly Creek. For Cabins, Eagle Cove or Sulphur Creek. For a short weekend, the State Park is nice because of the lodge, lodge pool, marina and lots of parking.
  • Like 2

Do any of you TN guys know if you can rent houseboats on any of the easter lakes like Douglas, Cherokee, or Norris?

Norris you can for sure. Not sure about the others. I'd go to norris anyways

Norris you can for sure. Not sure about the others. I'd go to norris anyways

That is good to hear. I would prefer that lake from a driving perspective (It's the closest). We are going to Lanier again this coming year, but the following year I want to try a different lake out.

That is good to hear. I would prefer that lake from a driving perspective (It's the closest). We are going to Lanier again this coming year, but the following year I want to try a different lake out.

Norris is a great place to go! Lots of great water and plenty of marinas/rentals.

We booked a houseboat for August at Dale Hollow. Really looking forward to it!

When in August are you planning to go? A group of guys and the dealership usually meet up at DHL mid-late August when the crowds die down. We usually have about 3-4 houseboats join us. We usually rent out of Eagle's Cove, Holly Creek and Sulphur. All great places that have already been hit on above in previous mentions.

Who rents houseboats on Norris? I only found one with a quick google search. How do you guys go about renting the boats on Norris?

I know flat hollow marina and Shanghai resort do. I know other marinas do as well just not as familiar with all the other marinas. You can go to shanghai's website and flat hollows website to rent them.

Edited by tnsatbhs

When in August are you planning to go? A group of guys and the dealership usually meet up at DHL mid-late August when the crowds die down. We usually have about 3-4 houseboats join us. We usually rent out of Eagle's Cove, Holly Creek and Sulphur. All great places that have already been hit on above in previous mentions.