Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear grill/screen repair

Yup, Ive done it. Did it a few years ago. I bought an epoxy used for fish tanks at home depot and that did the trick. They are never coming apart again. Since the grates are curved I left a couple spots where I didn't epoxy so I could put clamps on it until the epoxy had set up.

I've had to do both of mine and on top of that one of them twice.

I've used the normal 5 min or 1 min epoxy and they're still holding.

The key is to get all the old epoxy off both the grate and the stainless. Then get the back of the stainless as rough as you can. After that wipe it down with alcohol and use a few clamps to hold the grate in place. I epoxied it on then waited for everything to cure before removing the clamps. I then went back and epoxied the areas where the clamps had been.

I used "Amazing GOOP Marine" on mine this spring. They are still holding with no problems. It remains flexible unlike expoxy, so won't crack when re-installing after being clamped.