Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

tightening pull out cleats

Falko

One thing I want to do this winter is solve the issue with the cleats coming out while running. I guess bouncing around in the wake and turning causes the cleats to pull out on their own. Then the line gets caught on it, etc. Is there a way to snug the tension on these to keep it from happening?

That is going to be a trick to fix. If you fix it so they don't come out while under way they won't come out when you need them to. Depending on the cost I would just replace them with a better set. To the original problem you might be able to use plastic to sleeve the shafts to keep them from coming out while still allowing them to be functional. Springs would do the trick, but would always retract but would be a PITA to try to tie off to. Good luck. Bill

Edited by wdr

I wasn't sure if there was a tension sleeve or something on them to tighten the fit. I didn't want to dig too deep if they aren't adjustable, they're tough to get to. I might try to put some o-rings on the shaft to create a bit of friction. They are just a pain always popping out.

I had an issue earlier this year with the bolts on the inside that stop the cleat from coming all the way out. Bolts must have vibrated loose! My cleat came all the way out and what i found was a small ball bearing with a spring. The spring seamed to keep the ball bearing in tension against the cleat shaft. Pain in the nuts to get back together! Lock tight on the bolts