Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear Seat Mod.

onamission

Basically the mod is two swim ladders through bolted to the seat stand. Was think about doing this on the old RLX, but the seat cushion did not match up with the back rest, it would of had a very large gap in the corners. I just set the seat up on some boxes at the right height to find the mounting points. After mounting, I used a little manual force to make the fine adjustments so the legs would sit in the gap in between the floor and the access panel.. I also mount a couple of bimini straps down by the mufflers, (they come up through the sides of the floor access panel) and clip to the bottom of the seat to stop it from having any tipping issues.

There's a man after my own heart. Nice and simple and cheap.

Did you take the skin off the seat to through bolt the ladders?

Bolts go through the seats carpeted legs, I guess that what you would call them.

Damn good idea.

My seat fits on top of my rear arm rests, but I didn't want to damage the vinyl. This way I can have the sands bear the weight, not the arm rests.

EXCELLENT!

Do you have any larger pictures? It looks great!

Not sure how to post larger pics, so I put them in the gallery.

What does the cap on the prop do? I've never seen that before. Is there a performance value or aesthetics?

What does the cap on the prop do? I've never seen that before. Is there a performance value or aesthetics?

It's pure aesthetics. Therefore it's functional and could enhance performance. Biggrin.gif

So it's something critical to the performance of my boat? I better run down to Skier's Pier tomorrow!

Better ordered it through Acme, or see if it could be added to the Acme Group Buy going on.