Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

bilge pump

pedjavilotic

I'm thinking to replace my old bilge pump.I was reading a bit, and noticed that some people install two bilge pumps,just in case...What pumps do you suggest?Automatic, manual, with sensor or not?

Please give me some models that you tried .Should i install two different...?thanks.

Rule pumps are the most common. All of the 4 boats I have owned used them. I don't think manufacturer is really a big deal as all are plastic! I would install them all with the auto feature for when the boat sits in the water unattended anf manual for the times you want it for what ever reason. 2 pumps depends on the hull and if you have low spots.

Edited by wdr

What's wrong with your original pump.

I discovered mine was difficult to get together completely, causing it to aerate the water instead of pumping it out. I pulled/cleaned it and properly reseated mine which fixed the issue.

Of course the boat has to take on a bunch of water before it is able to do anything.

mine is working ,but it looks after my inspection today , that button on dash board is causing some problems...it will work automaticly, but when i try to operate manually from dashboard, nothing is happening.

Its Attwood sahara 750S

Edited by pedjavilotic

so when you flip the switch you can't hear the pump running down by the engine right? I'm just making sure you're not looking over the side expecting water to just spew out. also check your rocker wiring and wiring down to pump. see if you're getting power there

Of course, i tried to hear pump working ,but there was no "buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" so i guess its not working ,operating manually.I'll need to check wirings