Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Changing Fuel Filter

jmiller2496

Hi,

Does anyone know what type of fuel filter is needed for a 06 Malibu Wakesetter VLX? Also, can you buy this at a standard auto shop or do you need to special order it through a dealer?

Thanks,

Jon

How about the install, is it pretty easy? Where is the fuel filter exactly? How often do you change it?

Thanks!

Lift out the center rear seat and the storage shelf underneath. You should be able to see the rear of the gas tank and the fuel line going out towards the fuel pump.

The fuel filter is an in-line filter about half way between, probably secured to the side wall with a bracket, with c-clamps around each bib where it connects to the fuel line.

Its best, at least in my experience, to have a small glass jar with you. Set it under the fuel filter so that, when you disconnect the fuel line, you can empty the gasoline

sitting in the filter, and some from the hose, into the jar. I usually loosen the distal c-clamp first, FWIW. Then, loosen the proximal c-clamp and pull the filter off. Orient

the new filter the same way (there is an arrow etched onto the side indicating direction of flow) and stick each end of the fuel line back onto the new filter. Tighten the

c-clamps. Snug the whole thing back into its bracket. You're done!

I change mine out once a year.

2005 with Hammerhead has WIX #33299 or NAPA 3299. My guess is the Monsoon also uses same filter. I replace every 2 years or 100 hours. I think this is an easy DIY. The previous post is how I do it as well. Check the arrow on the new filter for the correct orientation of the filter (arrow away from gas tank and toward motor).