Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LAST RIDE....of the 2013 season thread

Afun

What suit did you get?

Bare Techdry. 4 years old hardly used for 150. I don't have it yet so we will see if it's a good one. We rode yesterday with wetsuits. I was in a shorty. air was 70 water was low 60's cool but nice. No hard freeze in the next week or so we will be back out soon.

I think about getting a dry suit from time to time.... But then I come to reality and remember that my bank account needs a break more than I do. We get out 2-3 times a week with a solid 2 week trip in the mix as well. So ya, I'm broke :lol:

As I'm pulling my StayDry baggy suit off yesterday, I just happened to notice the build date on the collar..... Feb of 2000. Over the years I think I've replace the feet once & one of the wrist seals. Not too bad for a 13 yr old suit. I used to use it 10 or 20 times a year. Less the last few years. But I think it's been a pretty inexpensive investment overall.

I think about getting a dry suit from time to time.... But then I come to reality and remember that my bank account needs a break more than I do. We get out 2-3 times a week with a solid 2 week trip in the mix as well. So ya, I'm broke :lol:

Go for the dry suit. Definitely worth it.

You can ride with us until December and then usually starting again in February. Those are all good times for a dry suit.

We took our last set of the year and the last set behind the 23LSV before trading it in on Saturday. Chilly and windy, but we all rode well. I finished the season on a HS 540...a trick I've had some trouble landing consistently this year. It was a good way to go out!

Hmdyexk.jpg

Winterized yesterday. But, if someone wanted to go to the sac river, it wouldn't take much to convince me.

I'll be on he river a few more times this year. Clementine too. PM sent. Wetsuit not needed at clementine yet.

• Like 2

Its not over till the water is solid. Polar Bear Ski 12-7-13 Skier's Pier. :crazy:

In warm Texas now water was 70 at Guadalupe Ski Plex. Thanks guys for the pull. :thumbup:

Off to SMRR today.

Edited by onamission

Pretty phenomenal day on Pend O`reille today. Air temp got up to about 65, water temp was about 53.

It didn't suck..... :D

20131026_153118_zps37a952fb.jpg

-

Bill

Where are all the tubers when you need them, Bill?

• Like 1

Still going in Michigan. Water was 49 air 44. Wasn't horrible with a dry suit and a cooler filled with warm water in the boat.

image-18.jpg

image-19.jpg

Hummmmmm, warm water....thinking maybe Hot Toddies!!! :)

My boat went away for the winter yesterday.

Same here. We put it on the water Wednesday for the last time of the season. I was hoping to get a little more out of it, but that didn't work out. At least I still have the motorcycle...

Same here. We put it on the water Wednesday for the last time of the season. I was hoping to get a little more out of it, but that didn't work out. At least I still have the motorcycle...

It snowed on the way to my storage spot. I knew it was time...

What's the story behind that "launch"?

not quite sure, we were all on the boat floating on the other side of the dock waiting for our friend who was parking the trailer. we heard a man scream OH NO! that's when we looked up and saw the boat, trailer, and FORD going down.