Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LAST RIDE....of the 2013 season thread

Afun

I'm out as of a weeks ago! Would have loved to get out this Thanksgiving weekend like Phoenix did, but a cold got the better of me. So that’s it I’m out! Hard to believe :no:

No winterizing for us down here. Although we slow down in the winter, our season is typically year round. This weekend will be the coldest of the year but I have a feeling it's going to warm up again soon.

Edited by petrie141

Kinda sad that I will not get a chance to try my new TWP Bomb Pop this year. I just don't think I will get it in my hands in the next week or so.

Afun, I had a chance to ride a Soulcraft Emily board this past Sunday and holy s***, what a board. It really makes me want to throw away my IS Sweet Spot Pro (yeah, it is that different). You are going to have a lot of fun on your Soulcraft board.

By the way, 78degree water temp in TN? That's like summer water temp for us on a very hot day.

Went last night. Wore drysuit last week but shorty last night. Maybe 55 ish air. Not sure on lake temp but chilly did not shiver thiugh. I need to have my drysuit seals replaced so if I can do that I see anothe day or two

I hat to say it but I pulled the boat today in a light mist mid 40's We are going to see freezing temps this week but I have been fighting a bought of Sciatica and can't shake it. I have got some skiing in the last two weeks. This is the earliest I have pulled. :( I am going north and then down to Detroit area and then back north for hunting. It's likely I would only get out three or four more times out so it's out. My ski buds do have boats in so I may not be done skiing but my boats are out.

Not time to quit yet. We had some great ski runs on an empty river of glass.

Water was 56F, air 68F. I thought about trunking it with a neo top, but wimped out and went with the dry suit.

• Like 1

My last outing was about 3 weeks ago! I had planned on a big camping trip for the end of season this past weekend and ended up everyone backed out. Did manage to prep the boat for winterization and will be winterizing it this weekend.

My last outing was about 3 weeks ago! I had planned on a big camping trip for the end of season this past weekend and ended up everyone backed out. Did manage to prep the boat for winterization and will be winterizing it this weekend.

jwl019 why are you putting your boat up for the winter? I live on the other side of the same river and ride all winter.

jwl019 why are you putting your boat up for the winter? I live on the other side of the same river and ride all winter.

All my riders have already started hunting and I will start hunting next weekend anyway. Now if I didn't hunt, I would most definitely ride almost year round. I remember a time before I hunted, back when the air chair first came out, think my dad had borrow yours in November or December and learning how to ride it in the cold river to were the water took your breath away when first being pushed off the platform (can't say I really miss those days the older I get, lol).

Kinda sad that I will not get a chance to try my new TWP Bomb Pop this year. I just don't think I will get it in my hands in the next week or so.

Afun, I had a chance to ride a Soulcraft Emily board this past Sunday and holy s***, what a board. It really makes me want to throw away my IS Sweet Spot Pro (yeah, it is that different). You are going to have a lot of fun on your Soulcraft board.

By the way, 78degree water temp in TN? That's like summer water temp for us on a very hot day.

You got a bomb pop?!! I get my Soulcraft Jetty tomorrow. I will surf it in two weeks. That bomb pop is going to be awesome for you.

Yeah, it was one of those deal I couldn't refuse. It was a tough choice between that and the soulcraft. A few buddies are getting a soulcraft so it's probably best to mix it up.

Really can't go wrong with either one.

Probably had one of our last this past weekend. Air temp 81 but water 68. And dropping quick after this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... That's like summer temps for us here in the Pacific Northwest.

• Like 2

Yeah, it was one of those deal I couldn't refuse. It was a tough choice between that and the soulcraft. A few buddies are getting a soulcraft so it's probably best to mix it up.

Really can't go wrong with either one.

Post a pic of it on my Soulcraft thread

Malibu came out of the water in late Sept., ending ski season. My Winner runabout will replace her till near ice for fishing and hanging out. Lake is in the 50's now, mornings usually below freezing. But never say never. Skis are still in the shed.