Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LAST RIDE....of the 2013 season thread

Afun

Went out this Sunday. With the days as cloudy and the water having cooled off we had on wetsuits. Still don't even have a timeline to winterize though. Got a few more weeks at a minimum.

• today
  • 83° 57°Tomorrow
  • 84° 58°Thursday
  • 86° 61°Friday
  • 86° 60°Saturday
  • Looks like a great week for us in the West! :clap: :rockon:

And with the goverment shut down.. Some of the lakes are closed kinda.. so that is keeping the people away!! Perfect!!

76 degree water in north alabama, but predicted to drop quick this week with cooler temps and rain.

We plan on taking a run to Tim's Ford this weekend. With the temps dropping for us, it may be our last one of the season.

Got out on Sunday...water temp was 60. Thinking of just pulling the boat this weekend, as the forecast for the next two weeks looks like highs in the low 50's, and lows in the 30's. :(

Water temps in low 70s but since we typically ride early, the air temp is more of a factor. Although, since the gov't shutdown our lake (run by Army Corps of Engineers) has much less traffic. We have a slip in a marina, but they've closed the public launches. Which is funny because they're open in the winter when they're not staffed.

We've been going strong and Saturday was the first time we've used wetsuits. Sept and Oct have been warm and sunny ... the other shoe is about to drop and it'll be cold and rainy for the rest of the month ... think I'm done.

• Like 1

Went out yesterday (Canadian Thanksgiving) for a surf. Water was 59, and resorted to the dry suit. Air temp made it to 70, but I think that's the last day that'll happen.

I guess I'm done for the season.

• Like 2

wetsuits in 78* water?

I probably got my last sets over the weekend, though I hold out just a little hope for the Oct 26 weekend. Boat is drained, oil is changed, tranny fluid changed, and ballast pumps have had antifreeze run through. was 34* here this morning when I woke up.

One more time Thursday here in WI but after that I do the winter layup. The water temp is in the 50's now and we are losing about a degree a day it seems like so this will be it.

I am hurt so I will just be driving but my buddy and one of my sons will be skiing . I just got my son a used Concept and he want to try it out. Had a pretty hard frost the other night so winter is coming.

wetsuits in 78* water?

I probably got my last sets over the weekend, though I hold out just a little hope for the Oct 26 weekend. Boat is drained, oil is changed, tranny fluid changed, and ballast pumps have had antifreeze run through. was 34* here this morning when I woke up.

Remember, I am from Miami...no use to cold water....why you gotta be so hard on me

Probably last ride of the season this weekend coming up. water temps are pretty chilly but air temps are supposed to be high 60s, which is really really good for the time of year.

Winterizing first week of November.

Went out on Sunday. Water temp was 54 and air temp was low 60s but sunny. Was alright in a 4/3 although the head gets really cold when you fall.

Looking like it could be the last one for the season. Starting to get tougher to find people who have not winterized their boat yet.

ahopkins22LSV

We've been going strong and Saturday was the first time we've used wetsuits. Sept and Oct have been warm and sunny ... the other shoe is about to drop and it'll be cold and rainy for the rest of the month ... think I'm done.

We are still going strong one the east side too. This past week was amazing. I skied 6 days out of the last 11! Water was still in high 60's and low 70's into the afternoon. Only upper wetsuit for me so far. I am traveling for work until the 25th, hope to still get a few sets in yet!!

Went out on Sunday. Water temp was 54 and air temp was low 60s but sunny. Was alright in a 4/3 although the head gets really cold when you fall.

Looking like it could be the last one for the season. Starting to get tougher to find people who have not winterized their boat yet.

You Canada folks are the first to go.....but man do you put up a fight!

• Like 4

78 water temp and u are in a wet suit?

Only two of us had wetsuits on this past weekend. Just like Bama said, water temps will drop in the next two weeks because of rain and temps dropping.