Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking to get tower lights

SunDoo

Just wondering if anyone has the Bakes 35mm LEDs or the HIDs and what you think of them? I am also wondering if they are adjustable(direction facing) after they are installed. I don't want to spend the money on 2 pair, but want forward and rear facing in case I were to fall off the back onto the Sweet Spot and onto to the wave at night...? Love to hear your opinions. Cheers.

Dave

If you're looking to use it as a "headlight", dont waste your money. The reflective properties of water tend the bounce the light off of it instead of lighting it up like on a road.

You could use the rear facing one, that would light the wave for you, but may be blinding depending on the angle of it

• Like 2

If you're looking to use it as a "headlight", dont waste your money. The reflective properties of water tend the bounce the light off of it instead of lighting it up like on a road.

You could use the rear facing one, that would light the wave for you, but may be blinding depending on the angle of it

. The light also reflects off junk in the water,sups,kayaks and other yahoos out at night with no lights .

. The light also reflects off junk in the water,sups,kayaks and other yahoos out at night with no lights .

If you're going surfing speed, helpful. Cruising speed, still won't se it until it was too late. Had tower lights on my old boat, super bright, but worthless. Look cool, but reflects more than lights up anything.

I asked this same topic a while back and there is a pretty good thread on it. Just in case you fall out of the boat at night. . . . . . :whistle: search for tower lights and the thread started by me and there is a lot of good info and pics of what people have done.

I asked this same topic a while back and there is a pretty good thread on it. Just in case you fall out of the boat at night. . . . . . :whistle: search for tower lights and the thread started by me and there is a lot of good info and pics of what people have done.

Thanks TURNITRED, I have read that thread before and lots of good info. Would really like to know if you can spin the light easily after installed? Looking at the pictures I am thinking not...but would be nice to have the option. I am not looking to light my way home as we are usually on large water with well lit shorelines. It would be nice for picking up the fool that fell of the back...over and over... Thanks crew.

Dave

Thanks TURNITRED, I have read that thread before and lots of good info. Would really like to know if you can spin the light easily after installed? Looking at the pictures I am thinking not...but would be nice to have the option. I am not looking to light my way home as we are usually on large water with well lit shorelines. It would be nice for picking up the fool that fell of the back...over and over... Thanks crew.

Dave

If you have a small wrench on the boat you could back the lock nut off and then them, would take 1 min. Edited by Bobby Light

If you have a small wrench on the boat you could back the lock nut off and then them, would take 1 min.

Thanks Bobby. That is exactly what I needed to hear. Now just have to decide which pair:)

Dave