Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Touch up painting

Does anyone have experience with touch up of powder coated aluminum items? My Proflight tower has some deep scratches and there are a couple of small places where the paint is peeling. It is aluminum, and I have heard aluminum is difficult to paint. I do not want to send it back to Proflight in california to have it re-powdercoated, not to mention it would have to be completely stripped before it could be powder coated again. What would be the best paint that will stick to aluminum? I could sand the small area and mask it off for spray painting, and the tower is gloss black, so it should not be too hard to match.

I tried the etching and paint thing on the wind shield frame but it didnt last. Get a professional. It'll be in the phone book believe it or not....powdercoating. mike

I used black fingernail polish on my titan where I scuffed it...you might want to try that.

Daniel

I just got my windshield frame back from the powdercoating shop. When I was checking into estimates, two shops suggested enamel fingernail polish as well for touch up the rivet heads/screw heads after putting the frame back together. Haven't tried it yet - hopefully I'll get the frame back together today.

Edited by Addictedto6

How much did it cost to get your windshield powder coated and what is involved in removing it? My windshield frame is flaking at a few spots and could use some attention.

How much did it cost to get your windshield powder coated and what is involved in removing it? My windshield frame is flaking at a few spots and could use some attention.

I started a thread on the windshield powder coating a little bit ago. once I'm done (hopefully today!) I'll post some details on my experience, costs, etc.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4265