Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Fender Problem

saskicker32

So I have stumbled upon a peculiar problem. My trailer fender somehow became bent or something and started to rub on the tire. Luckily during a stop for food on a trip I noticed and pulled the entire fender off. Now I'm trying to come up with a solution to put it back on, I tried swapping the fenders and the holes don't align correctly. I then thought to drill new back holes to lift the fender off the tire (the back left tire was the one that rubbed). The problem is the new holes would need to be only like 1/2" down and the bolts are 9/16 so the new holes and the old holes would be way too close.

-Has anyone had a problem similar to this?

-Anyone have a good solution?

Thanks

also the trailer is an '03 Extreme dual axle trailer carrying my '03 vlx

Edited by saskicker32

Sounds more like a possible axle issue than a fender issue. Check your axles to make sure they have not rotated (Tortion axles) inside he outer housing. If the have then that is what you need to focus on. If you do not have Tortion axles then I'm not sure what the problem may be... I'm sure others will pipe in. Take pictures and post of the side with the problem including where the axle goes into th housing/tube.

Edited by BlackBluMalibu

I do have tortion axles. How do I know if they rotated? I was reading on I think a tige forum that you can loosen the nut on the axle and lower the arm the stiffen the spring rate. I'm thinking that could solve the problem. I do have to thing the spring may have just gotten weaker being 10 years old.