Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any way to keep water out of the boat?

UofM_MXZ

Since I purchased my boat, because I am waiting on or trying to decide on storage, the boat has been in my driveway. I keep it covered with my stock cover but no matter how tight I keep the cover I find water in the boat. It has been raining a lot here. I am not sure if there is a way to stop this from happening. The water does not pool up on the cover at all I think it just gets saturated and drips through. Any help would be great.

Evolution cover will probably solve the problem as long as you keep the trailer jacked all the way up. Regardless, make sure you pull the plug EVERY time.

I believe most of the rain is getting caught on the tower and runs straight down the tower and into the boat.

Exactly where are you finding the water?

I am finding it at those points as well as towards the bow and where the vinyl is touching the cover is is saturated through. I havr been keeping it dry by way of fans but I don't feel like I should have to do that.

I spoke to my canvas guy when he made my Sunbrella cover recently and he said it is usually where the canvas rubs that water can get through. The guy who made my cover has the same core values as Cory at Evolution so very happy with the results. Definitely recommend the 303 aerospace protector and your application rate will depend on the exposure to the elements. If the water doesn't bead, re-apply.

I am also making some removable flexible polyurethane caps to go around the tower uprights where they go through the cover to act us little umbrella's to stop the water tracking into the boat. Just need to make a mold an pour the urethane.