Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Has anyone seen her?

Rmack

Just curious if anyone has seen my old baby? She was my first wakeboard boat. Here's a pic.

Skiers Pier sold her, Waterford MI.

Anyone ever see their old boat?

post-2645-0-00394000-1381535326_thumb.jp

Edited by Rmack

Nope haven't seen her!!

Here is mine; and as like you Rmack, have never seen mine after the forced sale in 2000. :cry:

Sure would be nice to know what ever became of her since then, then do I really want to know???

post-20239-0-30242100-1381542561_thumb.j

ahopkins22LSV

I haven't seen her but I will keep my eyes open now just for curiosities sake.

Since we are on our first boat we don't have an old one to look for. Guess we will just have to sell it and order a new one :)

I see my first Malibu (01 SSVLX) occ on the river. We saw it once this year. It didn't look like anything had changed on it.

I saw my 06 VLX at the dealer the year it was traded in. It was missing all of the underwater gear after hitting a log. It was sold to someone who lives on Lake Oswego, which is a private lake so don't see it around. The new owners had to remove the wedge and disable the ballast system in order to use it on their lake.

I've seen her! She was pulling multiple tubers that were eating cheetos and drinking fruit punch. Your stereo was cranking Justin Beber when they pulled her up on a rocky sand bar. The new Captain was using rubbing compound on her to start over on the sheen. Said he was going to get down to REAL shiney layer. He continued to say the new green indoor/outdoor carpet is a huge improvement. He sends his best!

see I know that's not true, because I quipped my boat with a dbag alarm.it has yet to go off

The guy that bought my boat 1.5 yrs. ago sent me a friendly email with a pic. after he had just detailed it this summer.

I'm thinking he is taking better care of her than I did. If that's possible?

I'm hoping that someone on the bu crew would have bought her and then they would see my post and invite me on a Wakeboard/Wakesurf extravaganza. We could then discuss how nice she is while I drink most of the beer this person provided and I could let him know that he doesn't and could never take care of her like I do. .....errrr did.

Edited by Rmack

I had a '99 SLXI that I sold to a couple 20 yr olds that drove from San Diego to SF and back in 1 day. A Loooong day. Never heard anything from them.

Nope haven't seen her!!

Here is mine; and as like you Rmack, have never seen mine after the forced sale in 2000. :cry:

Why a forced sale?

Sure would be nice to know what ever became of her since then, then do I really want to know???

"Why the forced sale"

Baddog.

The result of going through a pleasurable divorce! I'm sure there are others

in the crew like me. Back on the water now! :)

The new owners of my Bryant sent me a pic of her at their vacation house. Then never heard from them again. I don't boat where they do so I wouldn't expect to see or hear from them.

I would like to find my old Aprilia though, that's one I'd like to get back....

"Why the forced sale"

Baddog.

The result of going through a pleasurable divorce! I'm sure there are others

in the crew like me. Back on the water now! :)

Oh, sorry. I thought the forced sale was going to be due to something serious like back taxes or to cover losses at the track.

• Like 1

I sold a boat to a guy in Arizona. Apparently, they did not require a title in Arizona (?). He later moved to Utah and called me about 5 years later asking me if I had the title. I guess he found it because I did see it on a local classifieds ad.

Another boat I sold, I see the guy every year at a Tige Owners reunion I started. Still brings back good memories to see an old boat. I put 300 hours on it, and she is still running strong.