Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bakes marine

edsvlx

Yeah...I have ordered from them twice. First time....they sent someone else's stuff. The second time I ordered, I got a call three days later telling me my item was out of stock. I also feel by the time you place the order and they package it...is pretty extensive. This has been my experience.

I love me some bakes. We have ordered a bunch of stuff. Most things arrive quickly. The only complaint is the unreal price of shipping, especially for smaller items.

On the shipping issue, I'll just play devil's advocate on that. Shipping anything by any carrier in the U.S. has really gone up in cost over the past few years. Online outfits like Amazon have really spoiled us in many ways when it comes to shipping, but the reality is that for a small business like Bake's it's very difficult to offer free shipping or shipping on certain smaller items that would make sense. Numbers are numbers, & they can't get around it. I know that doesn't help us as the customer, but it is what is.

If you don't like it, you can always support your local dealer. I'm sure that many of them would be happy to work with you on this issue.

• Like 3

Andrew is fantastic to work with. I have him on speed dial for parts and try to send all of my business to Bakes when possible.

Same here. Andrew and Paul always take care of us.

• Like 1

On the shipping issue, I'll just play devil's advocate on that. Shipping anything by any carrier in the U.S. has really gone up in cost over the past few years. Online outfits like Amazon have really spoiled us in many ways when it comes to shipping, but the reality is that for a small business like Bake's it's very difficult to offer free shipping or shipping on certain smaller items that would make sense. Numbers are numbers, & they can't get around it. I know that doesn't help us as the customer, but it is what is.

If you don't like it, you can always support your local dealer. I'm sure that many of them would be happy to work with you on this issue.

I understand. I'm used to free shipping when ordering my mustang parts lol. I think bakes has a much better selection online than the local dealer, the dealer's website is low par in comparison.

Everything else aside, Bakes is quick to answer questions and help with ideas. Andrew even gave me some options when he didn't handle what I was looking for. I think everyone is allowed a simple mistake once in a while...if not, I'd be divorced right now!

Oh, and shipping is shipping - gotta pay it to someone.

• Like 1

I myself have nothing but good things to say about bakes and Andrew.. Always fast to get back to any email questions and a great help. I even went to bakes last time I was down in the states. Took me on a tour of the shop and bakes cover area as well. Great shop to deal with.

• Like 1

edsvlx - Thanks for the nice note and compliments, we appreciate your business and even more your support!! I will make sure Andrew sees this post and give him a pat on the back.

Funny, It is actually still active just not advertised, it is automatically applied on all orders over $149. We had to bump it up from $99 because we are doing some big discounts on some items right now. I pulled the banner down temporarily working on a bunch of updates and will get it back up soon!

Afun - Wow, that post took the wind out of my sails! (I have got to say sounds like I deserved it though) We are human and can make mistakes but ouch, obviously we did not impress you and I do not blame you. We changed personal in the shipping department at Bakes this summer and also changed some procedures to prevent stuff like that from happening but I need to do something to make it up to you, just sent you a PM. My apologies for your last orders not getting processed as they should.

Sincerely,

Paul

Thank you for caring and touching base with me. It's just bad luck. It happens. I am not a lost customer. I always look at your website when I need something. Thank You once again.

• Like 1

edsvlx - Thanks for the nice note and compliments, we appreciate your business and even more your support!! I will make sure Andrew sees this post and give him a pat on the back.

Funny, It is actually still active just not advertised, it is automatically applied on all orders over $149. We had to bump it up from $99 because we are doing some big discounts on some items right now. I pulled the banner down temporarily working on a bunch of updates and will get it back up soon!

Afun - Wow, that post took the wind out of my sails! (I have got to say sounds like I deserved it though) We are human and can make mistakes but ouch, obviously we did not impress you and I do not blame you. We changed personal in the shipping department at Bakes this summer and also changed some procedures to prevent stuff like that from happening but I need to do something to make it up to you, just sent you a PM. My apologies for your last orders not getting processed as they should.

Sincerely,

Paul

Now that is customer service at its finest! Way to go!

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Paul

Now that is customer service at its finest! Way to go!

The guy from AquaLEDs should take a cue from Paul and Bakes Marine. What a class act! I use them as often as possible. What a great company.

• Like 1

Bakes is the Gentleman's Choice, always there, always courteous, always honest, and always have the answers I need. Those guys are dreamy!!!!!

• Like 2

Paul has helped me out several times with just random questions on email; things like tranny fluid questions, packing nut questions, etc. That's why I always refer people to them and use their site as a resource when answering questions in threads. They are top notch in my book.

• Like 2

I have to say that the first time I hit this site Bakes has been top of the list as recommended suppliers. I was skeptical and thought they must bribe the great people managing this site. I have ordered many things through the years from Bakes and I always go back. They may not be the cheapest, but are very close and can be competitive. My personal experience has been with Andrew and he has been awesome. Overall experience has been great and hard to beat. BAKES keep up the good work. I work to buy stuff for my boat.

My Bakes discount is one of the main reasons I renew my TMC membership.

Reasons I choose Bakes:

- I'm an avid online shopper. Be it eBay, Amazon (Prime member, of course), random websites...if I can get it online cheaper/easier, I will. My Christmas shopping is done in my boxer in front of my computer. Bakes has a pretty decent website for listing items and that is IMPORTANT TO ME.

- Good customer service. My wife ordered a GoPro White for my birthday from them. Ended up they became out of stock nation wide and Bakes made it good by giving a big discount on a Silver instead.

- Ordered a pile of stuff this summer and got the Exile Buoy balls. They were out and I said I would just skip it because they were more of an add-on item and I could just score them on my next order. Paul instead takes the one he was getting for himself and sends them to me instead.

I have other good examples as well. Shipping always takes a while due to going across the country, so I factor that in with my order. But for Malibu parts, I go to two places - Bakes and Peter @ Smoothwater.

Why support my local dealer who just wants to rake me over the coals on price and had done nothing to try to win my business when there are vendors out there that actually care about having me as a customer? Besides, what I might pay on shipping is offset by not paying sales tax. :)

It works out really well when Bake's is your local dealer :)

I almost wish I wasn't a local customer. Whenever I have a question that can't be answered by one of the guys on the floor I always have a great conversation with Paul or Andrew, but on one trip the guy working the floor left a very bad taste in my mouth (won't go into details here) and seriously made me contemplate walking out of their store after I had already stacked $500 worth of merchandise next to the register. Lucky for him Paul answered a question he couldn't and thanked me for my business, or I seriously would've walked out and never gone back. I have to go in on Tuesday to pickup all my winterization supplies...