Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indoor Storage VA/MD/DC area

UofM_MXZ

I am looking for a good place to store my boat in the Northern VA area. I just moved here about a week ago and our current garage is double bay and wont fit the Bu. I would like to keep the trailer under the boat if possible for storage. I would also like a place that if I needed to access it, it would be possible to do so. If anyone knows of a place please let me know. Thanks.

Lake Anna Mini Storage

1425 New Bridge Road
Mineral, VA 23117

(540) 894-8180

This is about as good as it gets for the area. You can back your boat in on the trailer, tower up. lots of room to maneuver. Its secured entry, clean, newer... right across the street from Food Lion for beer, food, ice, and 1 mile from the gas station... and 2 miles from a great pair of launch ramps either at Christopher Run Campground or at the Marinas.

Do you have an RV?

Edited by nyryan2001

ya, thats where i kept mine for about a year.... that area around LKA is rough for storage...I would avoid the outdoor community storage lots. Ive heard lots of folks getting their boats broke into.... fuel tanks getting drained etc etc.

This one above is a modern and secured.... I even kept my bimini up and boards in the racks rotated in for the short 1-2 mile drives to the ramps, so that will save you time.

Also, has lights and a plug in there so you can keep a charger on your batteries.

Good luck.

I am looking for a good place to store my boat in the Northern VA area. I just moved here about a week ago and our current garage is double bay and wont fit the Bu. I would like to keep the trailer under the boat if possible for storage. I would also like a place that if I needed to access it, it would be possible to do so. If anyone knows of a place please let me know. Thanks.

Home base is Lake Anna for me as well. I keep my trailer at http://www.cedarknollstorage.com/ They have quite a few covered units for on trailer boat storage. Guy that runs the place is great and there is a resident that lives on the property that watches over the locked yard.

If you are looking for a slip and covered boat lift, I keep my boat here year round and winterize it in the lift http://www.lakeannayachtclub.com/

^^^ DC area buddy. only good clean water within 3hrs. Potomac is just a couple notches above a septic tank.

3k for the wet slip and another 2-3k to have a boat lift installed??.... money well spent if you are going to be there for a while. you are looking at a nearly 2hr drive to get to the lake.... on DAY TRIPs. leaving the lake exhausted with little ones. Your time will be at a premium, ramps get busy and retards at the ramps are in no short supply.

Those wetslips are irectly across from the marina, center of the lake, gas is there.

yeah they are having a deal right now that if you pay now you can get a slip with a lift for 3K. Who do you have winterize?

Best $3000 I ever spent leasing that slip. Makes trips to the lake much less like work and more like fun. We are at the lake every weekend so the extra money for the slip with a lift was a no brainer. I have a great contact for you for winterization. Send me a private message.

If you are going to be a LKA guy you need to decide which side of the fence you want to be on. The cold side has gas/food/events/yacht club and is crazy busy on the weekends. The warm side is 14-16 degrees warmer, 50% less boat traffic, no gas or food, and it is private. You have to own property on the warm side (or know someone who does) to gain access to the boat ramps. The warm side people are having their end of the season party this weekend. Great chance to "know someone who does." :o) If interested PM for details. If you are a hard core winter rider you will want to keep your boat in heated storage near the lake for those crazy warm winter days. We typically ride into Dec and on choice days through the winter.

The Boat Shop at the 208 bridge is a great place to have your service work done. Their techs are Indmar certified. The owner, Rob, is known for going out of his way to help people.

Stay far away from Lake Region Repair right off of Rt 522. Don't get me started!

Also consider Jimmy's Mobile Marine. 703- 801-9488. He did an engine swap for me recently and exceeded expectations. Jimmy comes to you and can do anything from maintenence to major repairs. He would be a good guy to ask about storage in northern Va as well since he works with all of the marinas in the area.

Fair warning to UofMVLX and rhavey79...........Santa likes to waterski into DC with some of his helpers on Christmas Eve. He is always looking for boats to pull him and his posse. Not only does he know who's been naughty or nice, but he also knows who the boat owners are. You will be hearing from him no doubt. FYI.....he also knows where the naughty girls live. :o)

Welcome to NOVA and TMC!

If you are going to be a LKA guy you need to decide which side of the fence you want to be on. The cold side has gas/food/events/yacht club and is crazy busy on the weekends. The warm side is 14-16 degrees warmer, 50% less boat traffic, no gas or food, and it is private. You have to own property on the warm side (or know someone who does) to gain access to the boat ramps. The warm side people are having their end of the season party this weekend. Great chance to "know someone who does." :o) If interested PM for details. If you are a hard core winter rider you will want to keep your boat in heated storage near the lake for those crazy warm winter days. We typically ride into Dec and on choice days through the winter.

The Boat Shop at the 208 bridge is a great place to have your service work done. Their techs are Indmar certified. The owner, Rob, is known for going out of his way to help people.

Stay far away from Lake Region Repair right off of Rt 522. Don't get me started!

Also consider Jimmy's Mobile Marine. 703- 801-9488. He did an engine swap for me recently and exceeded expectations. Jimmy comes to you and can do anything from maintenence to major repairs. He would be a good guy to ask about storage in northern Va as well since he works with all of the marinas in the area.

Fair warning to UofMVLX and rhavey79...........Santa likes to waterski into DC with some of his helpers on Christmas Eve. He is always looking for boats to pull him and his posse. Not only does he know who's been naughty or nice, but he also knows who the boat owners are. You will be hearing from him no doubt. FYI.....he also knows where the naughty girls live. :o)

Welcome to NOVA and TMC!

Sounds like a great time and a good reason to get in the boat in December! Seriously I might be able to help out with this depending on some travel plans.

NYRYAN2000

What about RV's.

Im think of our annual vacation next year on your lake (maybe the Family could get a ride in your G). We usually go to Gaston NC. Outdoor World

My Daughter lives in BAL and it closer to her I think.

Give me the scoop on RV spots. I need full hookups for 40'. I pull car behind my new Q7.

^^^ Christopher Run Campground... Ask if they have a wet slip you can rent.

CR campground is about 10mins from the sandbar, HUGE football field sized knee deep sandbar in the middle of the lake, big party spot.

You can do watersports all over that lake, there are only a few shallow areas that wouldn't be obvious on the north end of the lake.

I don't live there now, was there 2008-2011.... Might be moving back there to DC in DEC.

Skyskier and his crew are terrific folks... Couple of those guys can straight throw down behind the boat.

The area by the bridge is prolly the closest, but not much difference, maybe 5-10min drive to anywhere on the lake.

Ya Skyskier is on the warm side.... Early spring and fall he's a great friend to have. By the water outlet the water will be 75-80degs in early March, while 50degs on the cold side.

But in June-Sept cold side is awesome.

If I end up back there I will be wet slipped on the cold side, perm RV site at Chris Run... And bribing Skyskier for Lake Access on the warm side early & late in the season when the water is cold.

The social scene at LKA is a blast... Never a shortage of good water to ride.. Wake contests, wakesurf contests etc.