Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hard Tanks, who makes them a where

RyanDaley

G'day, Im Ryan Daley from Australia.

Im Trying to track down sum Extra Ballist Hard Tanks for my 06 VLX Wakesetter,

a set for the rear lockers, (220L- 240L) - (58gal - 64gal) roughly

and a nose cone (400L) - (105gal) roughly

Iv only got the 3 factory tanks, Both rear lockers an the centre factory.. (How ever many Litres- gallons that is ??)

Im not that excited about sacks, I just wonna jump in her an hit a few switches an its all done, So i'd like to get some hard tanks made up, or can u purchase them off the shelf..???

An whats the best material to have them made out of - Polyethylene, aluminium, stainless..???

I guess I have too get a hand full of pumps an plumb it all in (no drama)..... Any info in the right direction would be appreciated. Cheers

Hard tanks that fit just right might be hard to find and expensive to get made. I would suggest one of the folowing:

1. piggybacking some fat sacs to your existing tanks. This way you still have some storage space when the sacks are empty and you don't need a bunch of extra pumps. Sacs will fill in the compartment better when filled too so you'll get more weight than tanks.

2. Another option is to setup another three reversible pumps and another three sacs but that seems like a lot of work.

3. What a lot of people do is actually remove the existing tanks and replace them with larger fat sacs. This way you keep the same pumps and it is simpler.

4. Another option would be to remove existing tanks and replace with larger tanks. Again custom tanks are hard to find and expensive.

Lots of options and lots of opinions.

Fly High ProX sacs are very tough those are the ones I would recommend.

I had the same mindset as you did in the past. It seemed to me that hard tanks were the way to go until I got a sac. If you've never seen them in person they are very stout. I would suggest taking a harder look at sacs and how you can still automate the system with them. Many other brands use sacs for their automated system. Personally the only thing I can see that's better about hard tanks is that you can have a gauge in them to tell you how full they are.

I would go stainless for easy of welding and folding plus you won't get the same fatigue that would be seen in Aluminium. The rear tanks are small and would be quite cheap but the bow tank I assume will look like a boomerang.

I do lots of stainless fabrication so if you want to shoot me some sizes can give you an idea of price, mates rates of coarse.

If you are still interested, I might be willing to sell my hard tanks. I have replaced them with bags. I was going to keep them for when I sell the boat, but might be able to unload them. I am thinking about 100 bucks for each. They are 250 lb factory tanks. I can ship them pretty cheap, I think. PM me if interested.