Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Getting a boat shipped?

Smeltz

I have not actually used U-ship yet, but twice have gotten quotes and they were very reasonable, and the shippers themselves have reviews and you can communicate with them prior to signing up.

I bought a golf cart from someone down in Phoenix AZ & had it shipped to WA via a Uship carrier. The process was pretty painless & very reasonably priced. They asked questions about size & weight. I accepted a bid from a guy who was insured. He delivered a day later than he initially said, but he was in contact the whole time. He showed up towing 2 trailers (which isn't legal in WA) loaded with various bikes, ATVs & my cart. :rockon:

Uship works

I used them to deliver a new trailer for my boat all good reviews you can see feed back about the shipper before you commit

We used Uship as well for our boat. Has it shipped from AZ to IN, roughly 2,000 miles, without a problem. I would not hesitate to go that route again.

Do they tow the boat? How do they protect it?

We had ours trailered but I know martinarcher had his boat/trailer strapped on a large carrier. Pretty sure you can specify that you want it in an enclosed trailer as well if it will fit.

As far as protecting it, we had ours shrink wrapped but you want to be careful as far as how that is done. Otherwise, the shrink wrap can actually scratch the side of the boat because of the wind.

I used Uship to haul my boat from CA to MN and aside from the multiple flat tires, it worked well. I would have preferred that it was hauled on a flatbed, but I didn't want to spend the $1000-$1500 extra. FYI, I paid less than $1.00/mile to have it towed. I did have it shrink wrapped.