Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

stock mirror?

UofM_MXZ

I just picked up my VLX and it came with a stock mirror, no instructions and it seems like you have to drill into the walk through window frame to mount it. I was just wondering if anyone has a good picture of this? I feel like that is a bad design if it is the case. Thanks in advance.

Did you buy this boat new or used? Very surprising this wasn't discussed by the dealer. Do you WANT the mirror on the windshield or have you considered the tower mirror arm. The tower arm is a much more popular way to go.

The dealer was a bit useless to be honest, I bought it new. I don't know if I feel like dropping the coin on the tower arm although I do like the look of it.

Edited by UofMVLX

I actually prefer the stock mirror to the removeable one. All of the removeable mirrors I have had really chew up the metal and look like doo doo. Especially with the black window trim. I would like a tower mirror and will get one someday but for now, the stock mirror on the walk thru is my preference.

Don't mess with the OEM mirrors. Go with one of the new wide angle mirrors. The view is awesome.

http://www.ptmedge.com/

IMG_3719.jpg

Or now Cipa makes a new wide angle mirror called the Vision. They list it & some interesting new brackets for it here.

cipa_vision_180_deluxe_mirror_1.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I recommend not using that stock mount. I currently have a hole on my left side where glass used to be. The stock brackets require drilling and screwing into the black frame. The screws used to install mine (factory or dealer) were long enough such that the point went into the edge of the glass. First time out this season, we are anchored swimming and hear a "gun shot". Then somebody yells to me saying my windshield is broke. I'm still finding glass in the boat. Will get the glass (and the frame section with the holes too hopefully) replaced in the off-season but that mirror WILL NOT go back on ever. Will have a tower mirror (deep discounted maybe) or one of the above mentioned ones for next season.