Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Opinions on This Boat

BlknYlwT22

The 07 Vride has the same hull as my 04 VLX so no real benefit in that move. That 2010 looks to be a good deal but I just don't see getting it where I feel comfortable paying. If I was spending the money I would get this boat. http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41168 A year newer and bigger motor.

The search would be easy if the illusion tower wasn't an issue. i could very easily get the updated hull for a decent price.

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

My buddy lives in MT and the dealer in Great Falls had a 2009 VLX brand new sitting in the overheads. My buddy said they have a huge warehouse of inventory as they get a lot of out of state business because of the no sales tax. But it a red one. It was on boat trader back then, but I haven't looked in a long time.

My buddy said they have a huge warehouse of inventory as they get a lot of out of state business because of the no sales tax. But it a red one. It was on boat trader back then, but I haven't looked in a long time.

Looks like I need to move to a different state then. In WA if you buy private party or out of state you have to pay sales tax when you register the boat at the dol. IMO they shouldn't be able to double tax on private sales...

I agree. MT, no sales tax. Cars, boats, tvs, etc. I register my boats in AZ because there is not supplemental property tax there like here in CA. Also in AZ, there is no sales tax on private party sales. Heck, even in CA, if the car is less than a year old and bring it into the state, you need to pay sales tax on it. My neighbor just moved here from NJ and the wife's car was slapped with sales tax. Even though they paid tax on it back in NJ. And CA wonders why people are leaving

• 2 weeks later...

This one has popped up. Just seems like it is a lot of money for the year and hours. I believe it is a member's

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41462

I'm not sure if Pete is a member but I have met him a couple times at Shasta. I don't think 600 hrs is anything to sour a deal, especially on a Monsoon. The boat was nice both times I saw it & rode in it. The Primal seat covers are definitely cool if you live somewhere where it's hot (like Cali). And the TIII tower should give years of troublefree, maintenance free service. Price may be a little bit high, but think of it as a starting point.... and make an offer if you can back it up.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 2

Hours don't scare me away because I think the boat will have issues. They scare me because of resale. Many people will run away from a boat if the think the hours are too high.

Edited by 2004WakeSetterVLX

Hope my next one is this same ugly color! Maybe a slight different pattern.

<br /><br />I love black and red. TNT has a beautiful 2014 VLX. Out of the price range at $80k though!
  • 2 weeks later...