Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Opinions on This Boat

BlknYlwT22

I need the crews help on finding my next boat. Please post any in this thread that you came across. I would love this thread to turn into something similar to Levi's haha. Appreciate the help!

Thought you were trying to stay around 40? That's a terrible deal, not a wakesetter, teak swim grid, manual wedge, no front ballast. For that price you could start looking for 2010 vlx.

Edited by wheelman

Thought you were trying to stay around 40? That's a terrible deal, not a wakesetter, teak swim grid, manual wedge, no front ballast. For that price you could start looking for 2010 vlx.

I never said it was a good deal. Simply throwing options out there to get feedback. I am comfortable at around 40-42.5 but would consider up to 45k for the right boat.

Talked to the seller again and told him I would need to be around 37k to even be motivated to drive the 5.5 hours to look at the boat. He felt that he and his co-owner (boat is shared by two families) would need 38k to pull the trigger. I guess the boat listing started at 42k and has dropped to $38,900.

Anyways, we got a quote of around $1,000 to fix the scratch (mind you this is me sending a picture to a friend that runs a body shop), figuring another $1,000 to replace the vinyl of the rear hatches, and $1,000-$1,500 in stereo work. Is this boat worth it? Probably a hard question to answer without physically looking at the boat in person but that is where things are at right now.

Wow, he's making a lot with that quote. I had 3 pretty good sized gouges (as big as ping pong ball) repaired on mine when I bought it for 1/2 that price. I have a small nick in the transom (1/2 the size of a dime) that I plan on repairing myself this winter. There has been a few guys on this site do it with great results.

On the upholstery, new skins can be purchased thru Malibu. You will find a guy named "Chee" mentioned here a lot. Quite a few guys here have had good luck getting replacements from him. And then have a local shop do the work. Should help with your estimate.

As for the stereo work, the ski is the limit. But I think if your not in love with the boat, wait. The sellers may be more inclined to sell in a month or so. Or you may find something you like better.

Priced right also.

Wonder whats with that tower? Former Illusion boat maybe? Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I never said it was a good deal. Simply throwing options out there to get feedback. I am comfortable at around 40-42.5 but would consider up to 45k for the right boat.

I know a couple of people that would be interested in your 04 when you sell it.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=38997

no bow ballast, but an integrated bow sack isn't that tough to install....

That is certainly not a bad price at all. I am not as in love with the look of any of the '05 VLXs gel scheme. If the colors ran straight to the back like our current boat it would be more attractive. The 06s appear to be considerably upgraded. I am sure that is simply because of different gel coat color schemes and graphics.

I know a couple of people that would be interested in your 04 when you sell it.

Good to know. They would certainly not be disappointed in the boat. 290 hours and like I have said over and over it is in near perfect condition.

That is certainly not a bad price at all. I am not as in love with the look of any of the '05 VLXs gel scheme. If the colors ran straight to the back like our current boat it would be more attractive. The 06s appear to be considerably upgraded. I am sure that is simply because of different gel coat color schemes and graphics.

Good to know. They would certainly not be disappointed in the boat. 290 hours and like I have said over and over it is in near perfect condition.

Same hull.

The 06 went from honest to goodness old school aftermarket third party PERFECT PASS to integrated malibucruise. Nobody sings the praises of malibucruise. That alone is a big deal in my book.

I like the 05 gel, but that's eye of the beholder stuff.

no powerwedge (and no place for an 8 year old actuator or two to fail).

I may know that seller as well, so I'll throw him a bone and say $50k :biggrin:

Seriously though, in good shape, I'd say ~40-42k

Hmmm. You may know of another boat that I don't. The boat I'm referring to is on the west coast. Same as your friend? If not I want details of the one you know about :lol:

Probably.

Why is that in Sacramento?

Maybe just trying to get more exposure. I did text him to find out how many hours are on it. The silver and black is kind of plain but hard to tell from the pictures.

This search is going to wear me out. I have run out of places to look...

Keep on looking it will be all worth it when you find the "one". Took me 6 months of looking for an 06/07 and ended up with a smoking deal on a 2010, even though it was 18 hours away it couldn't have worked out better so glad I never settled when I got frustrated