Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fresh Air Exhaust

1FootDan

Never tried 'em but most of the questions you were wondering about were answered under the "more information" tab on their website. Interesting idea but a little pricey (over $300) for some pvc pipes screwed to your exhaust tips.

Never tried 'em but most of the questions you were wondering about were answered under the "more information" tab on their website. Interesting idea but a little pricey (over $300) for some pvc pipes screwed to your exhaust tips.

Saw their answers to my questions, but just wanted to check if it was all true? Dontknow.gif

WSR has a long thread about them and people who've installed them. I think most of the converts were Tige owners. I have to admit to being intrigued however. Too bad I love my wedge.

I contacted Larry Mann (the owner) a few months back -- he said he hasn't compeleted a model for Malibu's w/wedge - but had plans to at some point...

however after looking closely at the space available under my swim deck with the wedge in the up position, I don't see how it could be reasonably done... the tips would have to come all the way to the edge of the swim deck (horizontally) and then go down from there - which would not be good for those of us who wakesurf -- there would be a chance (albeit a small one) of knocking the exhaust pipes with your board if you got too close and the board went under the swim deck (as I said - small chance - but there)

I've been thinking that maybe just some longer extended individual tips could work...

When we surf we get some fumes in "the pocket" as well as in the boat... and would definitely be interested in a feasible solution (especially as we have little ones on the boat)

Our VLX loads up with fumes pretty bad while surfing, but I've found that simply opening the windshield & driving with it that way makes a huge difference. You can't smell fumes at all with it open. I've got the downturned exhaust as well, not sure that was money well spent. Dontknow.gif

I've got the downturned exhaust as well, not sure that was money well spent. Dontknow.gif

Tracie - what does your downturned exhaust look like - any pics?

Now that the summer is here we've removed the fiberglass panel below the center windshield, and that helps some, but we still use the center windshield with the mirror mounted -- makes it easier for the driver to see the surfer... maybe it can be mounted elsewhere...?

It's just the option that you can get from the factory. This isn't my boat, but the tips look exactly the same. As for the mirror being mounted somewhere else, I suppose it's possible but you'd need to drill the windshield to attach it in the same manner. Cipa might make a mounting bracket that would work with our windshields, so that would be another thing to check on. The other option is to get a tower mirror arm & use that instead.

post-1-1145122239_thumb.jpg