Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stuff Lead Bags behind bow cupholders? 2013 VLX

JoshinYall

If you remove the 4 bow seat cushions you will see a large black plastic sheet that the cushions sit on. It's held down by 4 screws. Remove that to get to your bow ballast tank. Once you take that plastic sheet off you can see there are some spaces around the tank where some lead can fit. I haven't put in any lead myself but had that area apart when adding in my extra ballast plumbing/wiring.

You can use an easy out, which is basically a drill bit that cuts "backwards" or out and will remove the stripped screw. Or if you have room use a hacksaw blade to make a flat bit slot in head of screw. Needle nose vise grips can sometimes work too, if you can grab the head of screw.

Yep if you take them out, you can easily fit a 50lb bag on either side, then just install the cup holder again. I know for sure you can fit them forward of the cupholders, didn't try behind but pretty sure you could fit there too... lots of room in there.

I also have 200lbs around the bow tank. If someone knows how to get behind the most forward bow seat, there looks to be room for 6 or more bags there.

Bottom line, there is plenty of space, just depends on your appetite for having that much full time weight in your bow.

on my 2011 23 LSV I was thinking of adding about 200 lbs of lead where the battery are located and under the first observer seat.

I dont like adding permanent weight to the bow but im thinking of a 750 in the walkway