Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indian Summer in Knoxville, TN

Afun

84 degrees and surfing all day. Surfing so much, I have a cramp in my forearm from getting up.

Yet, most of the Marinas have shut down. I don't get it. Could not find gas.

• Like 1

Thats why I live in California perfect weather everyday didnt make it to the lake this weekend but helps when the beach is right out your front door for the weekends you can't get to the lake

Thats why I live in California perfect weather everyday didnt make it to the lake this weekend but helps when the beach is right out your front door for the weekends you can't get to the lake

I love California, but if I lived there I would have no Malibu.

It rained here all weekend. :( We haven't had the boat out in Ohio since late August. TN in early September. Since then, either crappy weather all weekend (cold and/or rainy), or one good day on the weekend and something pre-planned.

Easily the worst weather season since buying our Malibu yet we put more hours on this year than the previous 2 years. Not sure how that worked out.

ahopkins22LSV

70 cloudy but very good skiing for 1/2 day then rain. It's Michigan! A good day. :biggrin:

The actual weekend wasn't so perfect but Friday evening sure was!! 80 all evening, water in the low 70's and glasssssss over the whole lake!

image-14.jpg

We were still able to get a few good sets in this morning before the rain though too.

Edited by ahopkins1988
  • Like 3

Yet, most of the Marinas have shut down. I don't get it. Could not find gas.

I know at DHL the marinas have a real tough time after Labor Day. Most of the restaurants close in mid-september because there just isn't enough business to stay open. We checked last week, and a few marinas are open 8A - 5P for fuel, but those hours grow shorter by the end of the year.

Many of the dock workers put in really long weeks during the summer, and then are unemployed in the fall and winter. Tough way to make a living.

I know at DHL the marinas have a real tough time after Labor Day. Most of the restaurants close in mid-september because there just isn't enough business to stay open. We checked last week, and a few marinas are open 8A - 5P for fuel, but those hours grow shorter by the end of the year.

Many of the dock workers put in really long weeks during the summer, and then are unemployed in the fall and winter. Tough way to make a living.

I saw plenty of traffic on Norris. An entire club of Bryant owners, Mastercrafts, Moombas, Wakesetters, Fishing Boats....someone should remain open and advertise it.

Went out Saturday here in NC, Air temp got up close to 90 and water was 78.......Probably one of the best days we had all year. Not many people out and great weather.

On top of a great day weather and playing wise, they were having a seaplane splash in on the lake with about 10 planes landing and taking off all day. We watched for about an hour, my 3 1/2 year old thought he had died and gone to heaven.

Wifey and I skipped work on Friday and wakeboarded on Lake Lanier. We were the only boat out there for quite a while. Unheard of on Lake Lanier. Mid 80s air and low 70s water.

Choto and Concord Marina's were open...perfect day...actually got sunburned :)

You know how I feel about Ft. Loudon...but still would like to experience it one day. Just worried about hurting my boat.

Edited by Afun

Wifey and I skipped work on Friday and wakeboarded on Lake Lanier. We were the only boat out there for quite a while. Unheard of on Lake Lanier. Mid 80s air and low 70s water.

does Lanier stay busy all year?

does Lanier stay busy all year?

No. It sucks during the summer but once the kids go to school, it clears out nicely. I still winterize my boat every winter but I have friends with cabincruisers, so we still get to be on the lake year round.

weather here is Charlotte area was great as well. spent a good 6 hours on the water saturday. we even wakeboarded shortly after 1 and it wasn't too bad at all, thats not easy to do before labor day.

I love this time of year except that it means the end of the season is near. :cry: