Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft X star surf wave

wakesetter8796

i'm sure this child is 7 feet tall ;-)

But anyway... you can find "good" or "bad" wakesurf wake picture from near every boat around.. as long as you don't know what they have done...

Wave making is interesting to me. It is odd that on my hull anyway we can go out & have an incredible day, then the next time out with the exact same set up the wave sucks.

Angle + child = looks like a tall wave.

It is also so freaking vertical and curling over on the top that I can't imagine doing anything other than standing on the board is more challenging than most other surf waves.

Not impressed. Especially not impressed with the wake and interior size/setup of a 24', most expensive wakeboard boat ever made. You know, the two most important things in a wake boat - usable interior and wake.

Edited by Nitrousbird
  • Like 1

A couple shots, not slammed. Stock ballast, 750 in the coffin, driver, and one passenger. The steepness of the XStar wave is completely dependent on nose attitude. If you want it less steep, you just set the attitude plate at 10-20%.

IMG_0759_zpsc6adcafb.jpg

IMG_0696_zps4e85b0c5.jpg

These are my two favorite from the net. I know the second one is from a Centurion. These are pictures, so I do not know what the wave is like. It could look good but lack push. It good could look ugly, but could be firm..etc...

10125672283_09d4e04283_b.jpg

10125672243_3046d6773a_b.jpg

Mastercraft has yet to produce a wave, via pictures/video, that can compete with other companies in the surf category, as far as "comp" waves go... plain and simple. I'd still ride one because a set is a set ;).

• Like 1

Wake Canada has several pics of the wave on Instagram . Seems legit but it is super slammed. We lost the monster wave contest on Instagram to them and a supreme. But I mentioned to them I could produce a great wave and also not feel like I was going to swamp my boat!

This whole wave comparison contest is just silly. Saying malibu is better than mastercraft or centurion is better than tige is like saying teahupoo is better than pipeline. They're just different. I'd surf any of them, especially if there has been some time fine tuning. You adjust your surfing to the wave. Some days are bigger and better than others. I'm sure there's some nasty finely tuned waves out there from all manufactures. I am perfectly content with my little wave from my vlx. It's prolly best that I've never had the chance to try a heavily weighted 247. I have spent some time behind a maxed out Enzo 233. Maybe a a slightly longer riding area. Not sure id call it better than what I can put out. Maybe it's just that I prefer mine because I am used to its characteristics. I just thoroughly enjoy the ride regardless of boat.