Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mounting bindings to new ski

Slider

I should be receiving my (new to me) 2004 70" HO Truth this week. I was hoping that one or two of you skiers out there could give me some advice on the positioning of my bindings to the ski. How far forward or back? What does adjusting the foot position affect the reactions of the ski? Should my rear foot be angled or straight? Any advice would be great. I need to get this figured out before the 28th and Stillwater.

Joe

Edited by Slider

I would also like to know the proper mounting hardware required, photos please if you have them (and I know you do), and how tight do you reef down on the srews? Mash 'em to within an inch of their lives, or moderate, or what?

Thanks,

Goode and D3 both have good pages on how changes effect the ski.

http://www.d3skis.com/buy/ski_setup.htm

http://www.goode.com/wsfinadj.html

In regards to the CDX, I don't know of any sites that have the stock settings for that ski anymore, but I would start with the binding in the middle hole, which was stock. This web page has some tweaks and should give you somewhat of an idea on a starting point.

http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=13258

I would also suggest leaving the wing off for now until you get the fin where you want it. They try throwing the fin on at 8 or 9 upside down. Many people will say the wing is useless unless you're into deep shortline, so your results may vary.

Mike

I guarantee you'll end up going 1 hole forward on the CDX. It's a tail-turner by nature. With the bindings in the center, it's worse. I always ran my CDX 1 hole forward...

I would also like to know the proper mounting hardware required, photos please if you have them (and I know you do), and how tight do you reef down on the srews? Mash 'em to within an inch of their lives, or moderate, or what?

Thanks,

GalaxyToad sent me some pictures and descriptions the other day. I just ordered all the mounting hardware from wileys along with some other stuff. I think it should come with your bindings. If you pm me I will pass the information on later tonight.

I will go back and edit my first post. The ski is an 04 HO Truth if that makes a difference.

Mlange that goode artical is great, it is the type of info I need, now if my skiing was more consistant, I might be able to tune myself in.

Joe

Thanks for the advice, I expect to receive the ski today. I'll report how it treats me.

Joe

You're going to love it. The only way it could be better is if it was a Phantom Truth Thumbup.gif

Yea if your Wade Cox

Wade Cox I am not. I did however get my new ski today here are a couple pics. And a look at the bindings that I got from Baumer a while back. I can't go out over Easter, but Tracie has already promised to go to the lake early next week for a little test run or two.

post-2-1145060452_thumb.jpg

post-2-1145060586_thumb.jpg

Well we got out on Wed afternoon for about 4 hours. 1st of all going to a 70" ski seems to make getting up a lot easier then the 67". The ski felt great, but I need to get used to it and get in better skiing shape before I can get an honest impression. It is quite amazing how out of shape I can get in just a few winter months. I am sore, sore, and more sore.

Joe

Ooooh, I love that ski....

Of course I'm biased. I bought the exact same setup at the boat show. It's a little much ski for me at the moment, but I'm growing into it!!!