Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Piggyback 2013 VLX Install Pic

JoshinYall

Welp I got one side done I think, hopefully this is how it's supposed to look? The short hose, the bag drain hose into the tank, is making like a 180 degree bend, hope thats ok. Also, it seems as though the vent line is longer than it needs to be. The sacks are 400lbs each cause its what I already had, but Ill go bigger, but theres no way that short hose will reach if I do, guess I ll have to buy a longer one.

HeEmJfq.jpg

Looks like it will work. As long as that drain hose is not kinked, it will drain. The shorter and straighter, the better, but it will still work.

This is the starboard side correct? driver side?

I have one suggestion. Look at switching your fill hose and vent hose. The fill hose can be much shorter if you move it towards the front... you could cut 2+ feet off that and make it a straight shot, no curve. There is just too much hose there and hoses crossing each other, will be a pain when using this for storage whether the sacks are full or empty.

The ven line should go to the rear of the boat. Run the hose under your gunnels all the way back, using zip ties or hose straps to keep it high and tight, out of view. Then when it is even with the vent port, curve it straight to the port so that you only have a foot or two of hose visible. This will keep it out of the way and look nice and clean.

So quick question , the drain hose from the bag to the tank, how do I make that a short and straight run? It seems as though it has to bend like 180 to make that turn into the tank. Right now it's sort of linked and I don't like it

Great advice otherwise I will do those things .

To facilitate the most direct route I have drilled a hole in the wall of the panel and re-routed the house. This eliminates any rise in the line allowing gravity to do its job. On the newer boats with the 1-1/8" hose my hole placement is a little different. I have also removed the box all together which seemed to work as well.

IMG_2515-448x600.jpg

IMG_2496-448x600.jpg