Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Collegiate Nationals - Congratulations MSU and Grand Valley

CedarLakeSkier

...and to all the other Collegiate teams that qualified as well. My daughter is skiing for the MSU team in Trick skiing.

This note was just sent out by the Michigan Water Ski Association. I don't think I'm violating any rules by posting it..

Congratulations!

MWSA is excited to announce that last weekend at the Midwest Collegiate Regionals in Decatur, IL, the Grand Valley State University and Michigan State University waterski teams qualified for the Collegiate Nationals! The Nationals this year are at Imperial Lakes, CA from October 17-19. Since it will be quite an expense for travel, we were hoping for support from Michigan water skiers. Grand Valley State and Michigan State Universities are requesting donations to help in the travel expenses that will be split between the two teams. GVSU has a link to their paypal account that would allow donors to pay easily.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=QN37SFZPRKYHU

For those wishing to send a check/s, please make it out to:

"Waterski team of GVSU" and send it to:
ATTN: Water Ski Club
008 Kirkoff Center, Campus Drive
Allendale, MI, 49401

"Waterski team of MSU" and send it to:
ATTN: Water Ski Club
217 Stoddard Ave
East Lansing, MI 48823

This is Grand Valley's second year in a row going to the Nationals while Michigan State hasn't been there since 2003! MWSA wishes them great success in their pursuit.

ahopkins22LSV

WOOT! Congrats to both teams. I wish I could help with the cost, I know how high it can be with qualifying for nationals a few time in INT back in the day. But, I am a recent college grad with student loans, mortgage, car and boat payment! Hopefully they can make it out there though.

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Monroe LA. home of ULM. One of my regulars who rides with me is from Turkey. He is a professor at ULM.

He has brought over the years several members of the ski team.The last two were from Russia. It's been kind of cool getting to ride with people from all over the world.

I live in Monroe LA. home of ULM. One of my regulars who rides with me is from Turkey. He is a professor at ULM.

He has brought over the years several members of the ski team.The last two were from Russia. It's been kind of cool getting to ride with people from all over the world.

Nice to see ULM on top and ULL right behind them!

Nice to see ULM on top and ULL right behind them!

They are good, no doubt.

However I think both of those schools actually recruit and/or offer scholarships for skiing. I saw a team picture of 1 (ULM?) they all had matching swimsuits and gear.

Not taking anything away from them, but I give a little extra credit to the kids that have it as a club sport, have to pay their own way, and still do well in nationals.