Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

94 Echelon Oil Change/Extraction

I have a quick change on my Bu. The problem is it takes for ever to drain the oil. I am sure there is some sort of pump I should be using rather than let it drain on it own. I neer seem to get all of the old oil out. An recommendations on an inexpensive pump that will attach to the drain hose?

I've been using an old refrigerator compressor plummed to a holding tank I made from 4" PVC pipe. The pipe is capped at both ends and has 2 fittings (1/4" NPT x 1/4" barbed). One fitting is connected to the vacuum side of the compressor (with automotive vacuum hose). The other fitting is connected to the boat's drain hose. The oil is drawn into the tank and never sees the compressor as long as you hold the tank vertical and don't let it fill to the top. It works great and takes only minutes hot or cold.

• 2 weeks later...

wrench monkey is correct, and while that is happening you perform your routine inspection and check all the connections, linkages and related on the motor..

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a oil change pump at Academy for about $20 and extracted the oil through the dipstick. It took less than 10 minutes and was well worth the money. The key was warming the engine first. Thanks for the suggestions.