Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 Wakesetter LSV 23

Jwandersee

Did this boat come in Diamond hull in '07? If so how can I tell? Am looking at one currently.

Looking at my first wakeboard boat and want to have a decent wake for slalom as well.

Thanks

Look under "Resources" at the top of this page. You should be able to look under the 2007 models to see which models were offered with the Diamond hull.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/page/specs/2007.html

There was an article on the Crew awhile back about the differences in the hulls, so you might try searching for that one too.

Good luck

Edited by Hammertime

So I see that this model was the V25 hull (not diamond). Wondering if anyone slalom's behind this hull and how rough is it? For perspective, most of my slalom skiing has been done behind an outboard (not I/O) - thus I am not looking for perfection like a tournament slalom boat - just not wanting to get beat up like a lot of I/O's.

Anyone have any perspective for me - or recommendations?

If you want something decent for slaloming, you should be looking for at least a VLX on a Diamond hull. The 23 feet of an LSV and the non diamond are going to hurt you a lot.

What size outboard did you ski on? Likely if your outboard was on the smaller side and a 2 stroke it was a fairly light boat and the ski wake was decent. The 23 will not be very comparable. I urge you to water test a couple and you'll see the differences for yourself.

The only vdrive that's going to get close to that in terms of slalom wake size is a VTX on the cut diamond or possibly the older VLX (pre-'05) on the diamond ('01 Sunsetter VLX, '02-'04 Sunscape 21'). But really, you should be looking at one of the direct drives if 1) skiing is important to you & 2) you come from the perspective of skiing behind those boats.

And totally agree with Jimmy, you should get behind any boat that you're going to buy & not rely on our recommendations that get you to that point.

thatwould be great. I am just going to have to go to the local dealer here and try a boat or two out. Problem I am finding is that all of the boats I am interested in are 3-5 hours away! Hate to drive that far for just a test drive!! Thanks everyone.

If any of them are in the same area or maybe on the way to/from one another, you could line up a couple of demo sessions in the same day. The other benefit to that is that you get to compare a couple of models back to back. That can be really effective.