Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Will this bad boy fit in my SSLXI?

Bozboat

Website says "inboard" photo is "stern drive", but....

mercury82_engine_zps3138db26.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS 8.2 HO DTS Horsepower 420 hp (308.91 kw) Dry weight 513 kg Revolutions per minute (RPM) ranger 4400-4800 Displacement in liters CID 8.2/502 Cylinder layout V Number of cylinders 8 Fuel tank type Integrated Fuel system MPI Fuel type Gasoline SmartCraft Yes Digital Throttle and Shift Yes Closed cooling Standard Water drain system Bravo Standard

http://www.boattest.com/engine-review/Mercury-MerCruiser/8000032_8-2-MAG_2013

Edited by Bozboat

If you have an 8.1 L in the boat, it should just pop right in place. I checked out the specs on Mercury Engines, these are made for Inboards NICE!

I almost forgot to add, when we ran the 8.1L in the 247 we got to a first name basis with the Cheveron Gas Station Owner. THEY like the fuel.

Edited by JAXONBOATS

I'm thinking your running a 350 Monsoon now?

If so, have a look at the Indmar 409, produced 410 HP out of a small block. I have this in my RTXi excellent performance and hole shot torque with the Acme 515 blade

with out all the weight of a big block. Now if you looking for ballast, the big block will accommodate, remember to check you clearances with the dog house.

http://www.indmar.com/Engine/malibu/Monsoon409SS.aspx

I'm not impressed. Indmar was running a more powerful big block until they started offering the LSA. I'd much rather have an LSA or LS3 instead of this motor.

Why not throw this 522HP GEN IV small block in instead:

http://www.ilmor.com/en/marine/recreational/MV8-74L.aspx

Modified LS3 heads, LSX block...gets it done.

What happened, Boz? Monsoon need an oil change and next thing you know you've ripped out the entire drivetrain to replace with all new stuff like you did with the interior? :)

Edited by RTS

What happened, Boz? Monsoon need an oil change and next thing you know you've ripped out the entire drivetrain to replace with all new stuff like you did with the interior? :)

oh that could happen, my kind of boat maintenance gets expensive quickly.