Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Whack'ed Hour Meter

There's good news and there's more good news:

1. I called ENM and talked to Bob. He said he could replace the unit and program it to the hours I wanted on it before it left the factory. Sweet. $34 dollars / free shipping / no tax.

The Analog unit on my boat is (Model: T14BH) : http://www.enmco.com/cgi-bin/enm_catalog.c...ec_results.html

2. Even better, I can replace my old analog version with a digital LCD digital for 1 dollar LESS! (Model T1121AB). Part no: http://www.enmco.com/cgi-bin/enm_catalog.c...ec_results.html

Again, he can program it to the hours you want before it leaves the factory. It's also a direct drop in replacement. Same hole pattern, same face characteristics so it will fit in my existing mounting space. It's resettable so you can reset it if you need to. As far as hooking it up, just hook up the same positive and negative wires and you're good to go.

Make sure if you order you get the T1121, and not the C1121. One is a Timer (hour meter), the other is a Counter. You do NOT want the counter.

3. Here's the really great thing... if you order 3 or more units, the price is 50% off all the units you order, free shipping, no tax.

If there's enough people, a group buy might be in order.

One more little tid-bit. My ECM is reading 572 hours so my boat actually has about 150 less hours than I thought it did. I always trusted the analog gauge, but obviously the previous owner left the key on once too.

Edited by jklein

mrothwell: I have another electronic gauge that displays the hours. I'm assuming it's connected to the ECM... maybe that's a bad assumption. I'm going see if I can confirm or deny that. In either case I ordered mine with 572 hours on it (same that displays on my electronic gauge), and I figure if it's pre-programmed too low, I can always leave the key on until it's accurate.

Update: I got the new digital hour meter. It fit perfectly on the old mounting bolts, and fits the window perfect too. It was set to 572 hours just as Bob promised me from the company.

I'm very happy, and now I'm digital too.