Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

parks closing

windy1

Having difficulty finding an open boat ramp. everything that has a campground is closed. Mid 80's today with light wind. May try the river. The good new is gas is cheaper.

Hey Afun, we were going to go camping in the Smokies the weekend of 10-19-13 for our anniversary. Is there any other way to camp and enjoy that area if the government idiots keep teasing each other and keep the park closed?

Hey Afun, we were going to go camping in the Smokies the weekend of 10-19-13 for our anniversary. Is there any other way to camp and enjoy that area if the government idiots keep teasing each other and keep the park closed?

I know all the bathrooms are closed and some roads. I believe you could still camp, not to sure. The Smokies belong to Tennessee and the Nation, not the freakin government.

Having difficulty finding an open boat ramp. everything that has a campground is closed. Mid 80's today with light wind. May try the river. The good new is gas is cheaper.

Keystone or Skiatook?

Government is 'shutdown' there is no one to stop you. Bring some bolt cutters and enjoy the lake

• Like 2

Keystone or Skiatook?

Not sure about Skiatook but everything corps related at Keystone with a gate is closed. Pier 51 may still be an option. Thinking about Verdigris River at Catoosa. It's a city park with no gate.

Edited by windy1

Government is 'shutdown' there is no one to stop you. Bring some bolt cutters and enjoy the lake

:plus1: if your worried, cut them one day than show up the next.

• Like 2

I'm sure the Police which are somehow deemed "essential" (not exactly sure why they don't do anything) would have some issue with that.

It is OUR lake!! OUR river!! OUR WHATEVER IT IS!!

Edited by happypappy
  • Like 2

I'm sure the Police which are somehow deemed "essential" (not exactly sure why they don't do anything) would have some issue with that.

Nah, they'll be busy trying to block 90 year old vets from visiting memorials

• Like 2

Pier 51 is part of Keystone STATE Park. I'm sure it is shutdown.

Corps said they are not blocking marina access. I do not recall the gate configuration at Pier 51 but I would think that one of the two ramps could be used but not positive.

Anyone here keep the boat at a national recreation area? We lived in Vegas for a number of years and lots of people pay to have a slip on Lake Mead. I was wondering what they are doing about a closed recreation area that people pay to keep boats on?

Anyone here keep the boat at a national recreation area? We lived in Vegas for a number of years and lots of people pay to have a slip on Lake Mead. I was wondering what they are doing about a closed recreation area that people pay to keep boats on?

. If it is run by a concessionaire (sp?). Then should be open unless there is a park gate first then who knows?

Pier 51 is part of Keystone STATE Park. I'm sure it is shutdown.

Our STATE parks are open, the National park is closed. 46 cruise ships coming into Acadia National park area this month and they have it shut down?

The river is open I saw the crew boats on it last evening, besides like you said it's a corp park run by the city.

thanks. about 4:20 if you can break away