Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tige Apex

jb 156

for wanting more ballast on malibu because i would prefer to buy a malibu then a tige-g or mastercraft ???

an mxz with 3000lbs of in floor ballast would hurt sales ???? get real some of you !!

Edited by malibu.c.c

for wanting more ballast on malibu because i would prefer to buy a malibu then a tige-g or mastercraft ???

an mxz with 3000lbs of in floor ballast would hurt sales ???? get real some of you !!

your overuse of punctuation gives me the creeps bro.....not gonna lie. :unsure:

• Like 2

i like the cooler and the storage, i don't like the design of the dashboard.. and like the G.. i don't want to know how much gas you need per h ;-). But overall the first impression of the Apex: it is a nice boat.

But... no surf system.. and a conventional (slow?) ballast System?

I guess I'm an outlier because I think the removable igloo cooler fad is kind of silly. FIrst of all you use up a bigger space than necessary (a box inside a box) and secondly that friggin cooler is going to weigh a ton. You wanna drag a wheeled cooler through your boat? It's weird.

The boat is very tige (deep, angular, has those strange floor cupholders). I'm sure it's not a bad place to spend a day on the water but its not very inviting either, for me anyhow. I certainly won't turn down a pull behind one tho!

I guess I'm an outlier because I think the removable igloo cooler fad is kind of silly. FIrst of all you use up a bigger space than necessary (a box inside a box) and secondly that friggin cooler is going to weigh a ton. You wanna drag a wheeled cooler through your boat? It's weird.

The boat is very tige (deep, angular, has those strange floor cupholders). I'm sure it's not a bad place to spend a day on the water but its not very inviting either, for me anyhow. I certainly won't turn down a pull behind one tho!

I will never have another boat without the hard cooler. The bag cooler is a joke on a 80k boat. Kudos to Malibu for fixing that in the new LSV.

that boat is a leg hump of a g23. No innovation other than to completely reverse engineer a G. Hull design rip off from CC and interior quilted vinyl design cues rip off from MC. With that being said, nice boat!... we KNOW the hull will throw a great 23mph wake and PCM power. But truly dont see any innovation other than to expand the Tige line. The innovation might be in being able to do it 20-30k cheaper.

Now...if they can get that to market well equipped at the high 80s to low 90s, they may well have a grandslam. Few folks will pay 100+ for a boat like that now completely void of a legit surf system where there are others that have it. And I seriously doubt that boat will throw a stellar surfwave leaned and slammed like a 247 does. Folks in that price range arent trying to hear about Tsunami pumps and 2k extra in ballast games to make it happen without a surf system.

One other point I do applaud for Tige..... in the ASR video the Tige CEO talks about the Tige leadership personally sharing the passion of watesports.... as in PERSONALLY participating in watersports. Thats important... else they might as well be selling Scentsy or Pampered Chef in mall kiosks... just a bunch of disinterested sales guys at the top of a company making millions. I think it has a lot to do with Tige driving itself up the ladder in recent years and it shows in their cult-loyal following of owners.

Trevor Miller (PNW pro wake surfer sponsored by Tige and Day1) is also attempting to set a Guinness Record, and is surfing behind a Tige (I'm guessing the new boat?) for 24 hours straight.

He started surfing last night at 8:00 and will go all the way through the unveling. Pretty cool if you ask me!

How will they refuel? Tanker?

that boat is a leg hump of a g23. No innovation other than to completely reverse engineer a G. Hull design rip off from CC and interior quilted vinyl design cues rip off from MC. With that being said, nice boat!... we KNOW the hull will throw a great 23mph wake and PCM power. But truly dont see any innovation other than to expand the Tige line. The innovation might be in being able to do it 20-30k cheaper.

Now...if they can get that to market well equipped at the high 80s to low 90s, they may well have a grandslam. Few folks will pay 100+ for a boat like that now completely void of a legit surf system where there are others that have it. And I seriously doubt that boat will throw a stellar surfwave leaned and slammed like a 247 does. Folks in that price range arent trying to hear about Tsunami pumps and 2k extra in ballast games to make it happen without a surf system.

One other point I do applaud for Tige..... in the ASR video the Tige CEO talks about the Tige leadership personally sharing the passion of watesports.... as in PERSONALLY participating in watersports. Thats important... else they might as well be selling Scentsy or Pampered Chef in mall kiosks... just a bunch of disinterested sales guys at the top of a company making millions. I think it has a lot to do with Tige driving itself up the ladder in recent years and it shows in their cult-loyal following of owners.

funny, you said that if they can keep it around 90k that it would be a grandslam. Think about that for a minute..... Look at the number of 23+ foot boats in the 100k range that are selling. Crazy boating industry. Why would they want to build a cheaper boat when they can sell these things for 100k?!

personally, I don't think I care for the high freeboard tankers. But then again, we mostly ski now. I guess if surfing was your thing then I can see the draw to these boats.

I agree 100% with that last paragraph. Tige is owned by actual boat people. It's has taken them a while to climax, but I think they are starting to hit their potential. They still do not have Surfgate...lol

How will they refuel? Tanker?

Thought they were using two boats and transferring between them. Would like to see that actually.

how does he poop?

NASA wetsuit. Or hang it over the edge of the board and use the lake as a bidet. :biggrin:

3000 LBS OF IN FLOOR BALLAST !!! HELLOOOO MALIBU ..IS IT TIME YET ???

Pull the drain plug. There's your 3000 lbs of in floor ballast. You're welcome!

• Like 2

Looks like a nice build by Tige, definitely resembles the G23 with a touch of Tige....

One thing I do not understand is the color scheme of this flagship boat, olive green and gray? Seems like they could have come up with something with a bit more pop....

Items I really like:

3,000 lbs sub floor ballast

High Def Tige Touch screen (medallion)

Cooler placement

Rear surfboard storage

Windshield design looks nice

Items I dont care for:

Alpha Z tower, how it looks (one set of boardracks???)

Angular seats, they dont look to comfy

Was there any rear facing seating???

No surf system (ie: SG or NSS)

Very small swim platform

I am predicting price point of $115-$130k, the RZ2 is already close to $100k. One of the biggest hurdles for Tige is there dealer network is very weak. They only have TWO dealerships in California, one in Fairfield and the other in Corona. Towing your boat 2-3 hours is a dealbreaker for most people, especially with Malibu, Nautique and MC dealers scattered throughout this state. I hope this boat generates sales for them, a bit of a risk trying to enter the "extreme" boat category with Nautique and MC leading the pack.

Looks like Wakeworld was there

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/feature/2014-tige-asr.html

All i can think is, sweet one more boat model that will throw rollers large enough to sink my boat.

It does look a lot like a G23, maybe its the use of Seadeck all over the place, maybe is the huge play pen open bow, maybe its the very square interior designing. I do like the attention to detail and having the seadeck in the bottom of all the storage compartments.

Every time I see ASR, I can't help but think "ARSE" and laugh a little.

As far as surfing, Robert who is the one that travels all over the place with his Tige Z3 and helped Tige develop the last Z3 and Z1 surf wakes said: The ARS was built specifically as a wakeboard boat, but when they gave it a try a surfing, it is even better than the Z3. They will probably have the Convex V thingy on that boat too to help with the surf wake.

Edited by Joeprunc
  • Like 1

I think this Tige ASR unviel will drive up the demand on the new 2014 23LSV and Axis 24... real bargains comparatively.

How do you know that? MSRP to MSRP I doubt there will be any difference between the LSV and ASR.

I think this Tige ASR unviel will drive up the demand on the new 2014 23LSV and Axis 24... real bargains comparatively.

I sat in a new one at my dealer the other day, Malibu did some nice upgrades on the new LSV.... even though with the LS3 you are at about a $100k + tax, which I thought was crazy... considering the G and Xstar are $25-30k more, I guess its a bargain these days...