Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Moving to Malibu Crew - VLX or 23 LSV?

Eddy88

Congrats! The boat I am building is exactly opposite of the scheme you bought. I saw it on the website, and she is beautiful! Now, the longest winter ever!

Congrats! The boat I am building is exactly opposite of the scheme you bought. I saw it on the website, and she is beautiful! Now, the longest winter ever!

Thanks! Yes, that will look awesome, love that color, the metallic flake is going to look awesome on the water. We obviously did not build this one, but it is about 95% how we would have built it and like the way it is, so worked out great.

Going to be a really long winter...

Good luck with your order.

Beautiful boat. Congrats! It's still plenty warm in Texas. Come on down and I'll be happy to help break her in.

Thanks, wish I could bring it down! She is a beauty, the gel coat is awesome. So the rest of it for that matter, likely a good thing it is already winterized or I would of been pretty tempted to take it out and freeze my balls off today!

Awesome looking boat! I love the strat blue. Quick question, does the engine still have the tray above it or not. I know the 2013s would lose the tray with the engine upgrade but the MXZs had them with an engine upgrade.

Awesome looking boat! I love the strat blue. Quick question, does the engine still have the tray above it or not. I know the 2013s would lose the tray with the engine upgrade but the MXZs had them with an engine upgrade.

Thanks on the boat! I walk by it about 5 times a day right now, hard to believe the snow is coming... :cry:

Yes it does have the tray above the engine.

If anyone has any other quesitons or wants pictures of anything let me know, I would be happy to oblige.

Thanks on the boat! I walk by it about 5 times a day right now, hard to believe the snow is coming... :cry:

Yes it does have the tray above the engine.

If anyone has any other quesitons or wants pictures of anything let me know, I would be happy to oblige.

Haha. I know how you feel with walking by it every day. Sucks to have it and not be able to use it. I have been the same way about ordering and I don't have anything to look at every day... Thanks for the quick answer!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from my dealer who just got an LSV in yesterday. I really like the changes. Get the 23.

I agree, its a really nice layout I really like the pop up rear facing seating they added behind driver. Imo, anyone ordering this boat without the LS3 is not doing it justice. Its begging for a ton of weight, loaded with a huge crew! Having that LS3 would be perfect and after experiencing the 409 in a 23' MB this season its a no brainer, was not impressed with that engine even with the 2315 prop.

At least you can go look and sit in yours! Mines not even built yet!!

Ha, fair enough.

But you have it ordered? What did you end up ordering exactly? Any ETA on delivery or when it will be built?

Mine is going to be exactly opposite of your gel scheme. I opted for the LS3, but everything else is almost exactly like yours. My interior won't have the blue around the cushion bases. I didn't order tower speakers. Going with some Rev 10's. I also went with the aquamat flooring. I ordered about two weeks ago, but don't have a build date just yet.

I agree, its a really nice layout I really like the pop up rear facing seating they added behind driver. Imo, anyone ordering this boat without the LS3 is not doing it justice. Its begging for a ton of weight, loaded with a huge crew! Having that LS3 would be perfect and after experiencing the 409 in a 23' MB this season its a no brainer, was not impressed with that engine even with the 2315 prop.

I really like the layout and the depth of the interior of the boat and I also like the pop up rear facing seating. I think they did a really good job as the brackets are very solid and very simple to use. They will see plenty of use. Also overall I find the seating very comfortable and the materials used seem pretty solid and good quality. I am coming from a 2008 Tige, so feels pretty plush in comparison.

As for the engine, no doubt the LS3 has more power and is a great engine, but honestly from our test drive the 409 had plenty of power and that was with the boat loaded up and 750's in the rear full. Mind you only 3 guys in the boat, but for us, when there are more in the boat will be our kids, whom are 4 and 1 at the moment so 65 lbs total, and then other family friends with small kids, so will rarely have all that ballast loaded right up, so for us this time around the 409 is great and I was impressed with its performance. The throttle is super responsive and will take some getting use to, but was very smooth over all. Maybe when the kids are older and if we get to where we are surfing all day and have the boat sacked out all the time we will look at the LS3. It was in the budget, just don't feel we need it right now.

All in all it is a great boat. I have to agree with CJAY's thread that is going on that I love everything about the boat except I am up in the air about the helm, would have been nice to have a few analog gauges. That said I am sure once we spend some time with it and get use to things the digital interfaces will be just fine.

Oh, and all the rider pre-sets are going to make my life so much simpler and save a few domestic quarrles on the water! Ha.

Mine is going to be exactly opposite of your gel scheme. I opted for the LS3, but everything else is almost exactly like yours. My interior won't have the blue around the cushion bases. I didn't order tower speakers. Going with some Rev 10's. I also went with the aquamat flooring. I ordered about two weeks ago, but don't have a build date just yet.

Nice, that is going to look great. Love the blue metallic, if we orderd would likely have orderd even more of it metallic as well, but like how this one looks as it is too, pretty clean looking with just enough bling.

The Rev 10's will sounds good as well. This is my first Malibu, so everything is new to us, figured I would try their stereo and accessories on this one and when we upgrade again 4-5 years down the road can make better opinions and order accordingly.

When I started looking, I was actually going to buy a used boat, and inquired on one but it had already sold and then when we saw this one sitting there was hard to stick to that plan. This boat is pretty close to what we would order and given the time of year and that it was sitting in inventory I think we got a pretty fair deal, so happy with it and really looking forward to the spring.

Good luck with your build and will watch for some pic's down the road.

If my wife had her way, we might have done the whole boat in stratosphere blue! We went with a diamond hull too!

Haha. That's funny you say that. We just ordered a 23lsv and my wife would have done the same!! We also went with the diamond hull. I thought it was really impressive how versatile this boat can be with that hull.

Haha. That's funny you say that. We just ordered a 23lsv and my wife would have done the same!! We also went with the diamond hull. I thought it was really impressive how versatile this boat can be with that hull.

I agree, this boat is really a jack of all trades with that hull and it does the wake activities strongly well still offering up a reasonable ski wake.

Man I cannot wait to get it in the water...only like 180 days to go... :(

I agree, this boat is really a jack of all trades with that hull and it does the wake activities strongly well still offering up a reasonable ski wake.

Man I cannot wait to get it in the water...only like 180 days to go... :(

You and me both. This is going to be the longest winter ever...

My dealer just got their first new lsv today. Orange flake and black with the ls3. First time I actually got to crawl around in one. I'm kind of upset I went and looked. It just fueled my anxiety even more! Long winter is an understatement!