Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sunset Cruise Pics - Post 'em up

Levi900RR

7 minutes ago, jbower said:

I think it would be so fun to surf at nights with some LEDs on the tower and a glow vest or something. 

Yes, that would be fun - with a very good driver.  While boating is OK, skiing, tubing, surfing, etc. are not allowed from 1/2 hour before sunset to 1/2 hour after sunrise.  No night time enforcement on our lake though.  There was a surf boat on the lake Saturday night with tower lights front and rear.  Not a good surfer as they were just going around in circles.  First time I've ever seen tower lights in operation.  I think it was a "foreign" boat just on the lake for the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

How about moon rise?  Saturday in NW Wisconsin.  The best way to get home from dinner with my wife :)

Balsam Moon1.jpg

that is an Awesome pic!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, braindamage said:

that is an Awesome pic!!

Thanks everyone.  We watch the weather and moon phase and rise time on Weather Underground and make sure to get out for moonlight cruises.  The picture is not close to the real thing.

2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

@spikew919 from the picture that looks surprisingly round with minimal trough. What speed was that?

Was like 33 or 34mph. River was absolute butter at that time of evening. Between 630 and 7pm. Saw a few 5 or 6 footers on way to ramp then about a 10 footer there watching us load up. Gotta love the River ???

On 7/11/2017 at 9:38 PM, minnmarker said:

How about moon rise?  Saturday in NW Wisconsin.  The best way to get home from dinner with my wife :)

Balsam Moon1.jpg

That is an awesome picture.  If taken with a high quality camera I'd frame it