Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Coloured gelcoat repair

BaBaLoO

Before tucking the boat away for winter I wanted to get some minor scuffs and dings fixed. I have a 08/09 lsv that is red in black(black has metal flake). Has anyone had theirs done? If so how did it turn out? Could you tell where the scuffs once were? Did you get it done by a shop or do it yourself? My worry is that here will be a difference in shade especially with the red.

Also, any crew members from the vancouver area know of any good shops that could do this? What should I expect it to cost? I know it's hard to say without seeing it but like I said minor damage.

Edited by BaBaLoO

We have a 'Malibu Blue' LSV and had some gelcoat work done this past summer. One spot needed to be done in a patch and a few scratches were able to be buffed out. The part that needed to be done in a patch is very close to matching but in the exact right light and angle, you can see where the patch square is.

The scratches show absolutely no signs of gelcoat work. According to the guy that did the work, they were really easy to do.

I would call Performance Water Sports in Abbotsford and see who they use. They sent out our boat to a company they use and looks like new. Dealers no best they have to deal with all sorts of gel damage.