Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone have pics of the Axis T22?

Jdubb16

this thing is nice, but I cant get past the half windshield. waiting out a rainstorm saturday when it was in the 60's reminded me how nice a wrap around windshield is.

Were you driving your boat sideways or something?

this thing is nice, but I cant get past the half windshield. waiting out a rainstorm saturday when it was in the 60's reminded me how nice a wrap around windshield is.

Especially one that disorients your vision and makes it impossible to see through wrap around corner anyways.

unfortunately the rain was blowing in a different direction than where we needed to go. So yes, we were going sideways. :) 95% of the time it wouldn't be an issue but the 5% of the time when my wife is complaining about getting wet would be a deal breaker. I can also see it being an issue while surfing on windy days. we often get wet from spray now, i couldn't imaging what it would be like with no side to the windshield. I do really like the Axis' but I can forsee the issues with that windshield.

I dont really see any difference in freeboard between the VLX and T22? I do like how they integrated the docking lights on the T22, looks great.

1454687_10151782578974514_1682784864_n_z

photo-3_zps1a418a5d.jpg

Maybe it just me, or maybe it's just the angle of the pictures. But it looks to me that the white boat (with what looks like ballast filling) and the green boat (with 7 adults in it, and listed to starboard) both have a greater distance between the top of the gunnel and the water, than my boat does in both of the pictures below when it was essentially empty (no gear or ballast, and only me in 1st pic. No ballast or people in 2nd pic). I guess we will know when people start getting the boats and taking some measurements.

\15703763_large.jpg?v=1

15786234_large.jpg?v=1

Edited by Brett B

Maybe it just me, or maybe it's just the angle of the pictures. But it looks to me that the white boat (with what looks like ballast filling) and the green boat (with 7 adults in it, and listed to starboard) both have a greater distance between the top of the gunnel and the water, than my boat does in both of the pictures below when it was essentially empty (no gear or ballast, and only me in 1st pic. No ballast or people in 2nd pic). I guess we will know when people start getting the boats and taking some measurements.

Looks like there is more freeboard above the rubrail in the picture taken looking at the front of the T22.

I would worry more about spray than rain. What makes the white T22 look good is the white tower. I have a white g3, and it just makes my boat too.

I would worry more about spray than rain. What makes the white T22 look good is the white tower. I have a white g3, and it just makes my boat too.

As a former Axis owner with the dreaded half-shield, I had one spray issue involving me crossing a large lake in a 30 mph wind. Other than that, I can't recall a single issue and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. In fact, I absolutely preferred it to the "conventional" design.

I think the half windshield trend makes perfect sense. The only forward cleat is located below the windshield. It is a pain to reach over the window and under the tower to get to the cleat. If nothing else, it lets you grab the dock from the driver seat.

Edited by bamabonners

I think the half windshield trend makes perfect sense. The only forward cleat is located below the windshield. It is a pain to reach over the window and under the tower to get to the cleat. If nothing else, it lets you grab the dock from the driver seat.

I see the benefits here for sure. I just keep seeing the look on the boss' face the first time she gets wet from some spray... i would never heard the end of it. I think it is the 1st thing she mentions every year when i am looking at them at the boatshow. Not a deal breaker but i do go out of my way to keep the boss happy, if she's warm and happy so am I!

Does your head sit below the top of the side? Lets be serious...when was the last time anyone got rained on from the side?

LOL, when was the last time I saw rain? I've only read about it.

I recognize I'm in the minority but I loved my axis interior. Open compartments for drying, kids spills no big deal on the tatami mat. Simple dash. I actually really came to enjoy its functionality.

I'll still take a VLX over any axis. I think my next boat might be a 23 LSV. Call me a fanboy, I think the bu's are the best looking boat out there right now and for quite some time back, like back to 93 when the echelon came out. That was when I started paying attention to boats.