Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best epoxy for transducer

Xticee

Finally Spring in Michigan! Picking up the boat tomorrow and have a depth finder to install. Is their any one epoxy that's best to use on the transducer? Any other recomendations welcome.

Thanks for any help!

Jay

Slowest setting epoxy you can find and use. I made the mistake of using 30 minute (or was it 60 minute) epoxy and the heat created toasted/fried my sending unit. Had to get a new one as a result.

On the suggestion of the dealer I used the type you get from Home Depot that comes in a two part syringe that sets in a couple of minutes. Poured some in a plastic bowl, mixed it up, dipped the transducer bottom in it and stuck it in place, worked great.

Thanks for the reply guys! I think silicone sounds like a better idea. Never know when it may need to come out and epoxy is pretty permanent. Anyhow, temps are gonna be up in the 70's today.....time to get after it and get to the lake! Thanks again for the advice,

Jay

I used silicone when I had my Flightcraft. It worked pretty well. After a couple of seasons I had to clean and reapply the silicone because it started to lose signal. Worked fine after that.